1/4 mile theory & tuning
By JUICE
#112843 a friend of mine just picked up a 93 dx coupe w/JDM D15b. has P28, i/h/e, stock clutch and fly. kid who he got it from said he just bought the long block and stuck it to the stock dx tranny. but. its got LSD?? kid never said anything about it. he did a burnout and sure as shit. he picked it up for a great price too. what was impressive is that when we did about a 20 mph roll my LS hatch only pulled a car length on him. my hatch runs high 14's!!! we think the engine might be built a little bit. does this setup usually run that quick??
By Classiccarsrule85
#112861 LSD's help quite a bit in traction but yea D series are easily modified and run decent numbers....but to tell you the truth i think its mainly due to that lsd
By JUICE
#112863 we were doin rolls. wouldnt think the lsd would make a huge diff beyond takin off. i just know i've raced mini-me swaps and they couldnt hang like this one. his coupe is the light as fuck 93 dx, only like 75lbs more than my 93 dx hatch. its also the older D15b with just HONDA on the valve cover. were goin down to edgewater (strip) tomorrow so we'll see. because i ran a 14.7 he thinks he'll run under 15
By Classiccarsrule85
#112867 he just might those D15b's are vtec and are quite fast. they arent anything like a mini me either. since they are built a bit differently they mainly are like the Z6's but with i think a bit more power...
By JUICE
#112869 i know its got vtec and about 130bhp, 103ftlbs tq. nothin special and hes movin quite well. feel like its faster than it should be, like its built
By Classiccarsrule85
alldatJUICE wrote:i know its got vtec and about 130bhp, 103ftlbs tq. nothin special and hes movin quite well. feel like its faster than it should be, like its built

could also be the miles on the motor if they are low enough you have all the power compared to a 100+ miles motor where power will drop....I know this is true since i once went and played a bit with hatchies hatch with my hatch haveing a Z6 intake header and exhaust and him only haveing a intake....he pulled away easily with that stock D15b2 mainly since my motor had high miles and his low low low miles lol....
By JUICE
#113152 well he did pretty good. he was able to pull a 15.4 totally respectable for a little "D". we also threw are cars on the scale. his coupe with no driver = 2060!! my hatch with no driver = 2130. both are 93 dx's. would explain why its quick for what it is though... both have full interior also w/spares!!
By JUICE
#119665 he's throwin a "built" z6 head on it this weekend.... we'll see what she does at test n tune next friday...