1/4 mile theory & tuning
By 1point5 dxi
#112785 i decided to drop the weight of my car a lil more...
had a mbz c180 external fuel pump laying around, so i peiced together a home made plastic fuel tank... i tired avoiding driving to the hardware store, so i used what ever i had in the garage :D ...

its not fully done, i was just testing to see if i can make it work...

im going to relocate it to where the pass. seat used to be, with steel lines straight thro thw firewall...

stock tank weight was 14kg... vs the new set up which is under a kilo..

got to take the car to a scale again, cuz i took more random minor stuff off... should be around 815-820ish kg...
By DontHateonEG8
#112787 Dude, that is soooooo ghetto. lol. might as well use one of those office cooler bottles - more volume. haha.
By 1point5 dxi
DontHateonEG8 wrote:Dude, that is soooooo ghetto. lol. might as well use one of those office cooler bottles - more volume. haha.

5 liters get me 60km.... only drive to the track (which is 20km away) and home :)
By Classiccarsrule85
#112799 man i dont know about doing that maybe if it was a gas tank designed to hold gas but i think that may turn into some kind of gelatinous blob n then you get fuel all over the place i know its happened to water bottles and other things ive used to put gasoline into so I coudl transport it and use only a little.....

But yea i think its a bad move fuel cells are there for a reason its safe this kinda stuff that your doing unsafe....and no offence but its kinda stupid in my book exspecially with it being right next to you gas also has fumes and dose expand and stuff like that......
By JUICE
#112830 even if thats a chemical bottle i wouldnt trust repeat fills of high octane gas. at least use something thats gonna withstand for sure....
By marvinp8700
#112831 poor man's ultra light gas tank = charred man's cause of death
By Elpimpo
marvinp8700 wrote:poor man's ultra light gas tank = charred man's cause of death

x2

Good initiative, Bad Judgment!!
By Dippin_EG
Elpimpo wrote:
marvinp8700 wrote:poor man's ultra light gas tank = charred man's cause of death

x2

Good initiative, Bad Judgment!!

x3

Dont do that...
By Samri
#112841 dude what the hell doesn't the track you go to have like regulations and shit? man over here you can't even have an oil leak, and if you run 11's you have to get a cage installed before your ever allowed to race again
By 1point5 dxi
#112923 no regaulations here... its not leaking from anywhere and its not a thin coke bottle for pump gas to eat away... its good for now, if i notice anything i dont like, it will be replaced... thanks for everyones consern for my health, but i think ill live :thumb:
By VegasCivic
#112974 This is one of those things that you see linked to other peoples forums so they can laugh.
By egsedanguy
#113023 why dont you use a small gas can? atleast its made to hold gas and you can get them anywere. and really how board were you to do this. epic fail sorry man just dont see any good coming from it.
By marvinp8700
#113039 Image

just sayin o:
By Chance
#113049 Image