1/4 mile theory & tuning
By ChicagoMike
#5512 So I spent the day yesterday prepping the car to go to the drag strip. Lets just say the overall experience totally sucked! For starters, everybody needs to learn how to jockey or keep their cars in one piece. There were 3 good crashes and each one took 45 mins to an hour to get the track all cleaned up again, so needless to say I only got in one run.

On to that 1 run.....
It even started off as a train wreck. One of the employees there yelled at me for running my burn out all the way through the starting line, he told me he'd kick me out if I didnt keep it in the burn out box. The only reason I did it is because I was on drag radials insted of slicks, and those bitches need to be heated up really good if you want to get out of the hole.

The tune I'm on is complete ass! During that run the car kept breaking up really bad in the high RPM's. I ended up just shutting it down after 3rd gear, I was getting a lil nervous with mis firing that high up in RPM's. So I ended up coasting to a crap 13.6 at 98mph.

So all in all last nights trip to the track was just a complete waste of time and money. So now its back to the dyno, and then back to the track in a few weeks. :thumbdown:
By fresh eh2*
#5513 damnn that must of sucked like u said what a waste of time and money. i hope everything works out the 2nd time around, what you mean break down at high rpms?
By ChicagoMike
#5516 I'm thinking my tune is a lil rich above 6000rpms. The motor would start to sputter/mis-fire.
By vtec_gloucester
#5518 that sucks dude - hope you get it sorted :thumb:
By ChicagoMike
#5528 Oh it'll get worked out!!
Here's a few pics of the car this morning in battle mode. The only thing I took off is my Iceman headlight replacement intake, and the rear view mirror block off plates.

By vtec_gloucester
#5530 love your ride dude :thumb: 8)
By ChicagoMike
#5533 Thanks!! I'd love it more if I wasnt having all these lil BS problems. :x

It takes time though, I'll get this shit together eventually.
By vtec_gloucester
#5534 ditto dude - ever since i started tuning my car (no where near as much as you) theres always been something that needs doing to it...

fun of a modded car :D
By ChicagoMike
#5538 I hear that!! Its never just "perfect".
By eg-civic-racer
#5545 i suggest that next time, you tell the marshall to know his race!! Stick his head under your wheels and tell him to let you know when your wheels are hot enough?

Just a thought? :thumb:
By ChicagoMike
#5549 Hahahaha, I just might have to.
The track here in town caters to muscle cars, employees are always knocking imports, just talking shit basically. They tech our cars really tough, looking for any reason not to let us run. Kinda ignorant if you ask me.
Last edited by ChicagoMike on Sat Apr 14, 2007 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By LaMbErT*
#5551 That had to suck mate, but i really hope it all gets sorted because that is one clean sexual hatch!
By ohDirka
#5557 that sux man but i know how that goes at the track the first pass last year with our mustang we shut off at the 60ft b/c our wheelie bars werent aligned right...then we ran a 7.96 pass and it was all good then we blew the tranny..it was a shitty day
By ChicagoMike
#5600 Remember how I mentioned that everybody was wrecking their cars at the track? This is one of them, I found this on one of the local websites. When this thing wrecked it almost clipped the back end of a EG coupe. :shock:

:lol: a lil touch up paint she'll be good as new. :lol:
By ohDirka
#5601 shit'll buff out lol :lol: