1/4 mile theory & tuning
By turboman86
#215603 Hey guys, this has probably been covered before but im going taking my car to the strip next weekend and really want to get the best time possible. Its an eg sohc turbo, around 300bhp, 15 inch wheels, street tyres, adustable damper suspension, setup for boost by gear... just need to know if im on the right lines... so my suspenion for a start, do i adjust front to softest setting and rear to the hardest? tyres... 45psi in rear? how ow can i go for the front? 18psi? launch at 4000? at what mph? shift at what rpm? thanks in advance
By JUICE
#215617 if your on street tires, leave them at the recommended psi.

as far as the launch, you just gotta get a feel for it. if your car is tuned with a set 2-step, try that first.

not sure what your talking about with "what mph"

and for what rpm to shift at... well, when does it stop making power??

when you go to the drag strip, SIT AND WATCH TILL YOU UNDERSTAND! this will save you from getting up to the stage lights and looking like a dumbass. :lol:
By turboman86
JUICE wrote:if your on street tires, leave them at the recommended psi.

as far as the launch, you just gotta get a feel for it. if your car is tuned with a set 2-step, try that first.

not sure what your talking about with "what mph"

and for what rpm to shift at... well, when does it stop making power??

when you go to the drag strip, SIT AND WATCH TILL YOU UNDERSTAND! this will save you from getting up to the stage lights and looking like a dumbass. :lol:

thanks juice! sorry i meant the mph disengage point for the launch control.

and ive not had it on a dyno since i street tuned it up to 20psi, the last dyno i had done it peaked at around 7500 so set shift light to 7300?