1/4 mile theory & tuning
By JosA
#205500 Anyone try this?

Sounds like it'd make the smoke smell fruity? lol
By Sabes
#205864 any insight as to why it makes the tires stickier? Chemical produced from burnout on soda?
Does it have to be grape soda specifically?
By VerLee24
#205867 ...sugar is sticky... :facepalm:
By Sabes
VerLee24 wrote:...sugar is sticky... :facepalm:

are you sure that is your final answer? You are stating that increased traction can be had(more so than a rubber tire already gives) from a sugary mixture that evaporated on your tires leaving behind a glucose residue. Seems like a bs answer and you are just taking a shot in the dark. I chirp my tires before staging to kick shit like that off.
Maybe it is more complex than genius' answer :chair: Maybe it has something to do with the high acidity of soda beverages and a reaction that takes place with the rubber when you do a burnout in it, softening a microscopic layer of your tire giving the added grip.
Not of course saying that is it but i don't think it is because of a bit of sugar
By 93coupe
93cxhb wrote:you could so make this work at the strip ... hook up your windshield skirters on your frame infront of your tires than spray just before you burnout.. might work :lol:

Thats actually what I did in my 90 hatch. I used longer hoses and had them mounted in the inner fender to spray in the front of the tires. I then used bleach in the washer tank to produce whiter smoke. That was the most rice thing I ever did lol. It worked wonders with that d15 with the 4spd
By Sabes
93coupe wrote:Thats actually what I did in my 90 hatch. I used longer hoses and had them mounted in the inner fender to spray in the front of the tires. I then used bleach in the washer tank to produce whiter smoke. That was the most rice thing I ever did lol. It worked wonders with that d15 with the 4spd

EPIC lol :cheers:
By JordanXXX
#206107 brian is a champion
By Sabes
JordanXXX wrote:brian is a champion

i am assuming brian is 93coupe?
By JUICE
Sabes wrote:
JordanXXX wrote:brian is a champion

i am assuming brian is 93coupe?

nope, the OP

and, you only use grape soda cause it's got that "purple stuff".... :roll:
it, along with ass loads of high fructose corn syrup make a far superior "sticky" than with any other soda. 8)
By Sabes
#206204 so then it does not necessarily have to even be pop? Couldn't you just make your own mixture with ingredients from the store with a bottle of corn syrup, several table spoons of white granulated sugar and a litre of water or some recipe like that?
By Sabes
JUICE wrote:^ a 2 liter of generic grape soda is like 59 cents...

what if you can create a better mixture than grape soda?
By JUICE
Sabes wrote:

they have, it's called VHT :thumb: :lol:
By Sabes
JUICE wrote:
Sabes wrote:

they have, it's called VHT :thumb: :lol:

lol i know that. I'm pretty sure vht is more expensive than a homemade sticky compound.

I wonder if doing a burnout in vht would stick up the tires, if so maybe the windshield washer idea would work well here :twisted:
By Cl9junky
#217763 What about a mixture of grape drink and wood glue? Anyone?