1/4 mile theory & tuning
By JUICE
#138629 So, this kid has a H22 w/ a H to B kit B16 tranny w/lsd and i/h/e. he didn't say that the engine was "built" at all, and claims it ran a 12.8

i go to the track damn near every weekend. i cant recall a NA H22 gettin even near that fast. i'm thinkin even a 13.8 is pushin it for that setup. i do recall seein a few runnin low 14's.

am i crazy? does the b16 tranny with that make it freakishly fast? What you guys think? :eh:
By marvinp8700
#138631 i think said kid is full of shit
By JUICE
#139219 talked to a honda guru buddy of mine at the strip tonight... he said these H2B kits are makin h22's HAUL ASS. said high 12's are definitely possible...

we talked a bit more and came to the conclusion that the kid probably read about someone else' same build on H-T :lol: :lol:
By JDM-H22
#169842 I have a H22 94 Hatch and I'm using the prelude tranny and pretty much stock motor and run a 13.80. One of my buddys in town has the H2b kit in his H22 hatch (same mods, Almost nothing) and he runs 12.79 all day long... The B series tranny make a hugh difference... I cant wait to get one.. :thumb:
By Method
JDM-H22 wrote:I have a H22 94 Hatch and I'm using the prelude tranny and pretty much stock motor and run a 13.80. One of my buddys in town has the H2b kit in his H22 hatch (same mods, Almost nothing) and he runs 12.79 all day long... The B series tranny make a hugh difference... I cant wait to get one.. :thumb:

hmm, makes me wanna get one too. my tranny in in 5th is about to go to sh!t. where do i get an h2b kit??
By JDM-H22
#169919 Well you can get the Evolution Industries H2B Conversion Kit. With that kit you dont have to space your hood but there's no oil pan clearence Or you can get the QSD H2b kit but you have to use hood spacers but the oil pan is nice and far from the ground.. I plan to use the QSD cause my car is kinda low..
By i8umup
#169922 ive had both setups. curently i have the h2b and it is a beast. i sold my old sedan to a friend of mine it was a h22 with a h tranny when i first got the hatch we ran them to see if the h2b hype was all that. i walked the dog on his ass like crazy. i never got to go to the track though for as some on here know i through a rod. but either way . i can belive those numbers h2bs are wicked fast.
By JUICE
#169923 ^^ i like it when the hood HAS TO BE hinged up a little for fitment. i think it looks good.

if its hinged up it better be haulin ass :D