1/4 mile theory & tuning
By Benji_Esi
#12955 O.k., New Post for low and high spec civics alike, we know the honda will play with the big boys even with smaller cpacity/less powerful engines.

So post up things you have kept up with/ beaten and what mods (briefly) you were running.

I'll start us of with my newbie Si, decat and short air intake.

Is faster than Saxo Vtr/vts, Fiesta St, and kept up with a 2.2 litre Audi 80 (modded 3 door).

If I think of anything else i'll post it up...it'll be interesting to hear what those across the pond have raced...I know you get more exotic competition lol! :thumb:
By ChicagoMike
#12956 Lets see.....some of my favorite kills have had to be against Camero SS's, Cobra Mustang's, and WS6 Trans Am's. Anytime I take one of those out its a good feeling. There's also been the occasional EVO or WRX that comes along. One of my more impressive one's was against a brand new GTO. All those were killed with my ITR motor sitting at 195whp in my 2000 Civic Si.

All I've really ran with my new block was a new Corvette, I dont think it was the ZO6 model though. I ended up pulling the Vette by about 2-3 cars. We went from @ 30 to 120mph.

Streetracing is very dangerous, and I dont head out of my house to intensionally do it, but every now and again it happens.
By LaMbErT*
AddictiveAllMotor wrote:Streetracing is very dangerous, and I dont head out of my house to intensionally do it, but every now and again it happens.

Good shout :thumb:
By Benji_Esi
AddictiveAllMotor wrote:

Streetracing is very dangerous, and I dont head out of my house to intensionally do it, but every now and again it happens.

Good shout

X2

Forgot to say that these were by-pass experiences, so I wasn't putting any pedestrians at risk...only people that were willing to take the same risk.

Damn you and your itr :x Lol. It must be some feeling!

How do you fare against subaru's/Evo's? I didn't think a fwd civic would keep up with a boosted awd
By ChicagoMike
Benji_Esi wrote:How do you fare against subaru's/Evo's?

From the roll it was a steady pull on them, nothing retarded, but pulling at a decent pace.

From the dig I have to play catch-up, but by the top of third gear I'm back in the game.

I'd like to see how I do now with more horsepower, and less weight. :wink:
By Benji_Esi
Posted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 12:40 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My civics faster than my friends 1.1 fiesta

What civic are you riding in?

From the roll it was a steady pull on them, nothing retarded, but pulling at a decent pace.

From the dig I have to play catch-up, but by the top of third gear I'm back in the game.

I'd like to see how I do now with more horsepower, and less weight.

Yeah, I thought with that god dman awd they'd be off the mark pretty quick, but even talking about playing catch up with scoobies and evo's gives me the shakes haha

I hate most subaru/evo drivers. Buying a mass marketed turbo and then acting like they've bought something special or unique just pisses me off. Lazy is what it is, you should get a vid of pulling on these guys - that would be awesome lol

Top job man :thumb:
By vtec_gloucester
#13108 i could beat anything round the lanes :thumb:

flat out races... ummm, ive had lots so its hard to remember.

pretty much anything 2.0ltr and lower i could beat it :thumb:

alos played with lots of 200sx's, evo's, scoobys... wouldnt really beat them but they would never get in front of me!

i used to love over taking the rear wheel drive cars on round abouts :thumb:
By Graham
Benji_Esi wrote:
Posted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 12:40 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My civics faster than my friends 1.1 fiesta

What civic are you riding in?

Mines is a standard lsi (D15B2)

I was only joking about the fiesta though - its the slowest thing known to man :lol:

Should hope to be about as fast as a saxo vtr - but then again, i doubt it :lol:
By chnzgoofball
#13123 i beat a 2007 civic si when i had my hatch at the street races... dude didnt kno how to launch and was catching up to me after 3rd gear... but i beat him by a bumper hahaha my setup was a sohc aem short ram intake, obx 4-2-1 headers, test pipe, and apex n1 exhuast
By Benji_Esi
#13148 a 1.3 Saxo tried to take me at a dual lane today, I half throttled it and the guy thought he was keeping up :eh: ...so I was forced to show him where his place was :twisted:

O.k. so it was a 1.3...but it was hell of a funny. He had his gf in the passenger seat, it made it worse because he took the outside lane to cut into my lane, which is only meant to be used for fast cars overtaking really slow things...like tractors. anyways, enough about how funny tht was

I was only joking about the fiesta though - its the slowest thing known to man

haha, I bet it feels quick to your mate though! My first car felt rapid and it was only a 1.3 lol.

Posted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 12:19 am Post subject:

i beat a 2007 civic si when i had my hatch at the street races... dude didnt kno how to launch and was catching up to me after 3rd gear... but i beat him by a bumper hahaha my setup was a sohc aem short ram intake, obx 4-2-1 headers, test pipe, and apex n1 exhuast

Just goes to show, it ain't what you got - but how you drive. If you can't take off and control your car, there's just no point. Good going guys! Nothin like some good Honda ownage to boost the morale! lol :thumb:
By x-racer
#18811 my coolest race would have to be my 95 4dr lx with a d15 in it.mods where short ram intake,act stage 3 4 puck clutch,denso iridum spark plus and thats about it. i took on 2 toyotas at the same time and skunkd them both.they were a 93 celica and v6 solora.they couldnt keep up.then i raced a 240sx turbo well sounded like turdo unless it was a automatic not sure but he got smoked 2.freeway 2.lol.2001 civic ex on freeway me scratching on all gears for some reason smoked him 2.97 ex coupe from dig we raced a pretty long distance but i left him like 6-8 car links.oh and i kept up with a monte carlos ss on the freeway he couldnt leave me and i couldnt leave him.thats all i could remember from the old 4dr.know i have a 93 4dr ex with a 99 ls swap and B16 tranny stage 1 clutch,short ram intake,headers,droped on coil overs,skunk2 intake manifold and thats about it.its been 2 months since i had the car and ive already smoke 2 mustangs,4 DA integras,1 2001 civic si (B16)lmao he couldnt understand why :? .lmao,2 96-98 dx&ex coupes,1 scion tc, 2 accords,1 87 mustang,kept up with a s2000 with a hard top (i was suprized)i bet he was 2.lmao.and got smoked by a nissan 350z,and a 98-01 not sure cheve siverado.im supose to race an impala ss this friday dont think ill win but ill get him next year. :thumb:
By hondaeh9
#19578 my civic is faster than my friends ford taurus zx2.....i beat him by like two bus lengths ...not amazingly proud of that victory though :?
By ohDirka
#19585 I had an eg sedan with a d15b7 and i beat my friends mustang v6 in a real drag race, he had basic bolt ons and all i had done was a short ram cold air intake...
By hondaeh9
#19593 i hate all the kids that think that there v6 mustang is the quickest thing...i went to this one spot we go out in the city called doty road and i ended up beating one of those..