Technical Topics specific to the Hatchback body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By Langrc25
#6909046 Hey everyone, i'm new to the car scene and am looking for some guidance. I've never worked on a car before but was always interested in them since i was young. Been wanting to have a project car to work on and learn the basics of car maintenance while also building a fun car. Did some research, an turns out 1992-1995 Honda Civic EG Hatchbacks are a great first car to newbies to learn and work on. I don't have any specific questions right now, but in the future I will. Main things is was going to focus on was weight reduction and suspension. Is there any key point i should know or anything i should focus on. Any tips or pointers?
By teal_dx
#6909050 My 92 civic was the car that got me into wrenching. It's a great platform to learn on. Everything is pretty simple and easy to access. When it comes to suspension, you get what you pay for. If it's super cheap, it's likely going to ride horrible or not last as long as a quality part. Here's a thread on weight reduction: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9&p=11&hilit=weight+reduction#p11