Technical Topics specific to the Hatchback body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By 93_hatch
#115858 my back seat is getting wet when it rains. my sunroof doent leak of roof. where else could this be coming from?? i was thinking maybe a floor plug came out but idk
By chrono404
#115873 Is your Spare Tire Well also wet? If so it could be coming from your Tail Lights. Apparently the seals get old and leak. Its a Common problem on EG's and EK's.
By Greasedmonkey
#115889 If its just rear seats, check the side windows. The seal could be bad.
By mistergou
#115912 check under your spoiler an seals around rear hatch, I had a small problem with mine at one point
By BaTzEG92
#116533 Assuming mine is fixed (hasn't rained for a while) I had a similar problem. Noticed my driver side tail light was a bit loose and I was getting water in the driver side of my hatch, tightened it up and hope that's the end of it.

Of course, I also noticed my driver side seatbelt was quite damp after a lot of rain... no idea where to start on that problem.

:?
By jdmb20beg
#117040 Ok i had this problem with mine try the weather striping on your drivers side mine would leak and my floor boards and seats would have 6 inches of water in them :x But anyways good lcuk
By BaTzEG92
#117100 Oh shit that's no good. Thanks for the info I'll definitely check that out. I'm shopping for a new driver door anyway cuz of some mangled bodywork so hopefully I can knock several things out at once.
By jdmb20beg
#117228 Yeah there you go mine is new put it needs a shim could be some of my problem not having a shim
By 93_hatch
#117363 so i pulled the rear interior today and found that only my passenger (right) side is wet. and that means soaked. its dry now so i cant tell where its coming from.... any other ideas?
By Method
#117379 take everything out, and spray it with water and wait.
By ESE1ND1O_JDM
#120710 if you have bad rust in the quarter panels it could be that when you drive water goes in there...had that problem even back where tier was got filled with water looked like a mini pool.
By Ajax1989
#120739 take out everything and then have someone sit in the car and have some spray the car with a hose and look for the leak :thumb:
By jerryhaddensworth
#134677 im having a similar problem..i know its my hatchback seal and i wanna know a good place to buy replacements besides honda dealer......pretty expensive from them. id like to replace all the seals in the car, any advice on where to buy?
By Boston Creem
#224742 I had this exact same problem in either of my Hatchbacks. In my case, what it turned out to be was a huuuuuge collection of water around my spare tire, and every time you brake hard or cause the weight to shift towards the front, water is coming from around your spare tire and going through a small gap between your floor and the back rest of your seat. The ass-rest part of the seat acts as a sponge and takes it all in. What I did was rip my trunk out and drill three more holes around the drain plug and take my back seat out and let it dry in the sun for a day. I hope this has helped you some.