Technical Topics specific to the Hatchback body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By Screm161
#425460 Ok really sorry if this is the wrong place but as it's the engine you guys know so much about I'm kinda hoping someone can help me.
Just recently I have received a civic eg in px it has a h22a conversion stamp year 92. It has a p13 ECU but as of using it there is no vtec and also and revs round to around 6500rpm does have egr and knock sensor delete car runs find apart from when you try hitting VTEC have cleaned and checked solenoid just don't really know where to start with it was just kind of hoping someone might be able to point me in the right direction and before you ask it's not a new conversion was done back in 2010 so everything worked fine up until the previous owner
By EconoBox
#425484 Work you way through troubleshooting it step by step.

First check is that you have the proper amount of oil in the engine. VTEC won't work without the proper oil pressure.

Then I would make sure all the wiring is connected for VTEC. I don't have a P13 ECU pinout diagram handy at work or I'd post a link to it. You want to make sure the wires from the ECU to the solenoid and vtec oil pressure switch are connected properly to the ECU with no shorts. Also check the ground on the oil pressure switch to make sure it is connected as well.

If that is good and it is still not working I would take the wire from the VTEC oil pressure switch wire from the ECU and attach it to a ground and try hitting VTEC again. You can leave the wire grounded or replace the failed VTEC oil pressure switch at that point if this fixes it.

The next likely issue would be the ECU and then finally, I've never seen it happen, but a solenoid failure.