Technical Topics specific to the Hatchback body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By chrisscott
OleFolk wrote:I like the idea of flex a lite windows and carbon fiber instead of drilling holes in my car

Does anyone know the weight on the ac unit and or power steering plus lines ?

not sure on exact weight, but when i took myPAS pump an line it felt like about 10-15kgs so quite heavy really
By chrisscott
#208686 so far ive removed
rear seats
sound deadening
door cards and all rear plastic inc boot plastic
roof lining
stereo an speakers
glovebox
did remove all under dash plastic, but put cig lighter back in(needed it-sat nav)

kept heater matrix an dash coz its my DD

got plenty of metal to cut out an all seat holders
By jayEGR
#208764 my boy has a cx hatch bak shits gutted out woth a sparco seat , shits clean , he got it for a trade with the console out also
By That One Dude
#208874 I gutted my old 'Teg back when I had it.

Pulled the rear seats, rear seat belts, all panels except for dash, full AC, PS, radio, ABS and all sensors, cruise control and control box under the dashboard, carpet, all sound deadening, IM brace, all exhaust head sheilds, sunroof and I riveted in a sheet of .032" aluminum in it's place (real aircraft grade rivets not pop rivets) with 2part sealant to fair the edges "for aerodynamic purposes", rear seat brackets, all speakers, and occasionally the passenger seat.

All told, the thing weighed 2100lbs. I took 400lbs of everything out of there.
By OleFolk
#208895 I think it would be pretty cool if someone gutted and then shaved the whole inside of the car
By kapow
#239926 7kg stock civic exhaust
5kg xforce twin loop exhaust (2kg less then stock exhaust!!!)
5kg sound deadener

I'll be doing more weighing of parts and update later
By b16mastermind
#242107 cheaaa, great write up, i just spent a week doin the same, took my time bc im kinda picky lol. i deff noticed a diff tho the vtec is soooooooooo much more loud in the cabin of the car ITS LOVELY, i aso painted the floor pans where the sound deading was (n my DX hatch) 5 coats gloss black. i also gutted all the AC dukt work in my dash. again great write up mane.
By CamperCarl
#242836 Hello noob here!

ChicagoMike or anyone else who has done this before. What Paint did you use to paint the floor? I was thinking about picking up a can or 2 of spray on bed liner.
By SloCivic
CamperCarl wrote:Hello noob here!

ChicagoMike or anyone else who has done this before. What Paint did you use to paint the floor? I was thinking about picking up a can or 2 of spray on bed liner.

^I'd go against using any sort of spray on "liner" for say. Most of those are going to be rather heavy. Just pulled my dash out and cleaning up everything underneath and im also trying to find some sort of paint to coat the inside to make it a bit cleaner...
By teal_dx
#350188 Yep, bedliner is thick stuff. I used Dupli-Color Textured Metallic paint:

http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p/dupl ... nt=7141471

It's thin like regular paint but has a grippy texture a little like sandpaper.
By SloCivic
#350207 I'm jealous of how clean everything is underneath your dash! Im working on getting mine set up, stripping everything thats not necessary. Cant wait to be off work, got a weekend to put the cabin back together, transmission back on and boost it :woot: