Technical Topics specific to the Hatchback body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By suspendedHatch
#274208 For the light to be always on, the signal wire must be permanently grounded. Does your light have a switch on it? If so, then it's probably wired to ground instead of to the latch.
By ImThaBean
#274236 That's the thing though. When I installed the light it worked perfect. It would turn on once I popped the hatch glass and off when I closed it. Later down the road, the festoon went out and I ignored it since I wasn't really needing the light. When I finally went to replace the bulb it ended up staying on for a few hours because I changed it in the day. I didn't notice that it was on till later that evening when I saw the rear glowing. It would turn off with the switch but not with the hatch glass closing.
By 92civic_vx
#307906 i just did this using the trunk light from my old lx sedan :woot: . only thing i found off was the trigger wire in the diy says green/black wire, did that and light stayed on. in my 92 vx the right wire was green with silver dots. :? works great now :thumb:
By suspendedHatch
#308302 There will be slight variations between models and that's why you must always verify all wires with a multimeter.

Thanks for the info!
By endlessEG
#313421 Just did this yesterday thanks for the write up suspendedHatch, i also had to tap solid green wire with silver dots for the light to work with the hatch opening. I have a 92 cx, just wanted to share because everyone who googles "hatch light install" is brought here.