Technical Topics specific to the Hatchback body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By Crabloc93
#361301 Bought a brand new tps sensor to see if it would help with my acceleration issues. I have tried to calibrate it took me awhile to get it to read, but at closed throttle I was getting around 2.4v and at wot it was at 4.9v, I'm very confused cause even when moving the tps sensor to lower the volts down at CT/OT it barely changed. As of now it drives okay but I want to get it right, would this have to do with the way I tensioned the cable/throttle stop screw etc...?? Thanks in advance
By EconoBox
#361302 Take the TPS sensor off an reinstall it. Underneath the TPS you will see a brass/gold colored wheel with a notch on it (two tabs bent up) make sure that the piece on the back of the TPS sensor sits in that notch. Once you are certain it is installed correctly tighten the 2 set screws down by hand leaving the TPS able to be moved by hand. With a volt meter reading the signal wire on the TPS you want to adjust the TPS until you see 0.49volts at idle. Then tighten the screws enough to hold the TPS from moving. Then depress the accelerator and you want to see 4.5 volts at wide open throttle (ANY VALUE BETWEEN 4.5 and 5.0 Volts is OK here).

If you have everything installed correctly and you can't get the TPS to see 0.49 volts at idle remove the throttle cable and double check. If that doesn't help and you have previously moved the set screw (the one under the throttle wheel) you may have to re-adjust that as well. You don't want the throttle cable as tight as it goes. It should have 10mm of deflection in the cable to prevent issues.