Technical Topics specific to the Hatchback body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By rusty_eg3
#357523 'Sup fellow Honda people! I was wondering if the seat rails can be refurbished/repaired. My rails shake like crazy, they were like that when i bought the car. I have very little access to EG parts and repairing them sounds like a fun and cheap thing to do. Anybody done this before?
By teal_dx
#357525 Have you determined why they shake? I'm wondering if the previous owner might have removed them and not torqued the bolts all the way when putting them back on?
By rusty_eg3
#357530 The seats were never removed, in fact the bolts are almost stuck, it will be a hard task to remove those. The sliding parts that rub against each other are the problem, I think they're bent or something, I can't tell. And one more thing. It looks like only the exterior rails (on both sides) seem to have this problem, the ones near the gear shifter are solid.
By teal_dx
#357545 Very strange, I haven't seen that happen before. I wonder if they're just work out? Strange that the inner rails are fine though. I have seen the bolts covered in rust, so I know that pain. Let it soak in PB Blaster/WD40 and if it starts to get difficult, re tighten, let it soak some more, then try again. Breaking one of those would be a huge headache.
By rusty_eg3
#357560 Think I'll just find another set of rails. I already have an interior from a Civic MB 5-door hatch (European sixth gen)and hopefully they'll fit without too much fabrication or any fabrication at all. That would be awesome. Thanks for the reply anyway, I was hoping that someone else might have encountered this issue...