Technical Topics specific to the Hatchback body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By rusty_eg3
#356669 Hey everybody! I was planning to replace my rear brake lines because...well you know why...RUST. I got a great deal on some trailing arms with disk brakes and I know that in this case I would have to change the brake lines anyway. QUESTION: Is it necessary to remove the fuel tank in order to install those lines? Can I just squeeze them in there? I'm doing this myself with help from a friend so it would be nice if I don't have to mess with the fuel tank.
By suspendedHatch
#356816 Are you talking about the hard lines?
What you've heard about the brake lines needing to be replaced has to do with the rubber hoses. If you get Integra trailing arms, they're most likely ABS in which case you need non ABS hoses for those last couple inches on the wheels that are rubber. If your hard lines are rusted, that doesn't help you.
By rusty_eg3
#356916 As you probably figured out, I was talking about the hard lines (from the prop valve to the drums). They're not that rusted, it's just that the fittings look very bad and they will surely strip when I'll disconnect them in order to change the trailing arms. Can't post pics right now, car is away for rust repair. So...do I need to remove the gas tank or not? :D
By rusty_eg3
Driv-it-hard wrote:Rusty,
If I remember as well,
The brake lines run along the rear of the car in a channel. I would have to look at mine this evening to confirm.

Yep, they do but I'm worried about the fact that they go in some way between the gas tank and the frame and I don't know if they can be replaced without removing it.