Technical Topics specific to the Hatchback body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By rusty_eg3
#355943 Hello again! My hatch is a Europe model EG3 d13b2 (1.3 16v) which came equipped with 240 mm front disk brakes. Three months ago my calipers seized badly (the car sat for a looooooong time) and a friend gave me the front brakes from a Del Sol which are 260mm. He gave me the whole knuckle-caliper-rotor-pads assembly and I just installed it. My question is: If I ever want to go back to the original 240 mm brakes, do I have to swap the knuckles again? Or i can just take off the bigger calipers and bolt the original small ones to the Del Sol knuckle? The attached picture shows my original EG3 knuckles. The reason why I'm asking is because at some point I will have to register the car on my name and it should have the factory stock 175 70 R13" wheels but those wheels cannot be installed anymore since I have bigger brakes... Thanks!
Attachments
11986504_1690751107824859_8854161612319728676_n.jpg
By rusty_eg3
#355957 Oh and sorry about the question, I could get a measuring tape and go under the car to find out the answer myself but I'm working overtime alot in order to finish my EG project and when I get home that's the last thing I would do. :)))))
By teal_dx
#355967 Hi, I don't know for sure, but is upgrading to a set of 14" OEM civic wheels an option? 14" were standard on some models and optional on others.
By rusty_eg3
#355968 I don't think that the 14" wheels will fit actually :))). The spokes of my 15" wheels are extremely close to the caliper and anyway, the 14" wheels won't help me because on the sticker placed on the driver's door, only one wheel size is written: 175 70 R13 and that's the size my car should have when registering it. The rules regarding this kind of things are very strict in my country. Right now the car is registered in a neighbouring country and is totally legit to drive since it has insurance and all the paperwork but I plan to register it on my name...
By deschlong
#356301 Christ that is strict. Idiotic, even. Those same EG3 knuckles were mounted on EG4, EG5, EG8 ..... many of which got 14" wheels, so it shouldn't matter one iota. But it does because red tape.