Technical Topics specific to the Hatchback body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By Crabloc93
#358630 I got everything ready just waiting to get new head studs and yes I got all my machine work done for free

Bored out to 30 over, what does a bigger bore exactly do? Make more power?

Balanced & polished, running standard bearings for both main and rod journals

Head was line bored 30 over and camshaft welded and grinded to 30 over

Is this scratch gonna be a problem? This happened to 3 out of 4 pistons I have, not exactly sure how they were fine when the rods were connected and since then has just been sitting in a box.

Also how do you get off the valve cover seals off a d16z6? Sounds like a stupid question but ive tried everything, prying, sodablast..it jsut wont come off.
By teal_dx
Crabloc93 wrote:Bored out to 30 over, what does a bigger bore exactly do? Make more power?

It will increase displacement ever so slightly, but it's usually done on higher mileage blocks because the cylinder walls are slightly out of round from wear, or have some deep scratches. Removing the material brings the slight oval back to a perfect circle and provides an even surface before honing. :thumb:
I had my z6 bored .020 which brought the dia from 75 to 75.5mm, so I'm not sure where you're at.
Nice pics, I love seeing fresh machine work :thumb:
I wouldn't be too worried about the scratch on the face of the piston. They'll be covered in carbon after a while. You could probably wet sand it down if they really bothered you.
By Crabloc93
#6908517 Been awhile but I finished the motor this past August and its fired up first try. It feels good knowing I built my first motor successfully. I will post pics soon, getting it street tuned on crome tomorrow. Definitely quicker than my d15b7 but not as satisfying as cracking vtec in a gsr swapped hatch. I have plans to start building a b series very soon..a poor mans type r possibly?