Technical Topics specific to the Hatchback body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By Crabloc93
#351927 My car has been dying since yesterday on me when taking turns In 2nd gear with the clutch engaged, died on me at a stoplight while in neutral and died on me while on the freeway in 4th gear, the car does not stall it simply turns off still Rollin with the power steering off. It starts back up with no problems every time, I noticed when I downshift the car makes a whining noise when I let off the clutch, my headlights are dimmer than normal as well, thinking it may be an alternator issue, or maybe something else??
By Crabloc93
#352092 I drove it yesterday it was fine, I drove it today and it kept dying when put it in neutral to downshift from 5th to 4th etc, with the clutch in. I'm thinking maybe the rpms drop too low or my clutch is burned out?? I did burn the clutch a few times..doesn't shift as smooth
By TrailerTrash
#352094 i had a very similar problem. my car would randomly shut off on smooth roads or id hit a bump and it would die. sometimes a few times a day, other days not at all.

turned out to be the main relay. it was hard to come to that conclusion because i had just replaced the main relay the year before while chasing a different problem. so i thought because it was so new that it couldnt be. well i put the old relay back in and its been 10k miles without a problem.

maybe yours is just loose

now i keep a spare one(tested and works 100%) in my center console.

new they are like 50 freakin bucks but u can usualy scoop a handfull up at a pick and pull for a dollar or 2 each
By Crabloc93
#352137 I got a tach for the car and the rpms are dropping so low the car dies with the clutch engaged, I adjusted the idle screw and it seemed fine, but today the same problem is still occuring
By suspendedHatch
#352197 If you don't put the ECU into diagnostic mode while adjusting the idle screw, and reset the ECU afterward, it will compensate for any change you made.

If you clean out the IACV and throttle body, and ensure that ignition timing is correct, there is no reason why the screw should ever need adjustment.
By jefferydclark
#352386 sounds like your IACV correction isn't working like it should. this can be taken care of by someone that has tuning software or you just have to diagnose the fitv and IACV til you get it to correct like it should. could be other things too like TPS and timing as well but I'd start by checking the first thing out. kind of half assing but I have had to go in and adjust my throttle cable where it wouldn't let the car go less than 800 rpms no matter what...someone sketch wired a gsr swap in a car I bought so I had to rig it til I got a new harness. worked well for me but just know that its a temporary fix.
Bylucygp
#352830 someone that has tuning software or you