Technical Topics specific to the Hatchback body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By louboi12
#351608 95 civic HB
fuel Pump Priming Fine But When I Crank the engine. I dont get any fire from the spark plug wires either the ignition coil. I then bought a new igniition coil put it in but still no spark. :? [/u]
By teal_dx
#351610 Could be the ICM (ignition control module). Do you know someone else with a civic that will let you borrow their distributor for 5 mins? Since you already put in a new coil, ICM is most likely the next culprit, also inside the distributor.

Be sure to mark the position of the distributors before removing, so you won't have to set the timing again. :thumb:
By louboi12
teal_dx wrote:Could be the ICM (ignition control module). Do you know someone else with a civic that will let you borrow their distributor for 5 mins? Since you already put in a new coil, ICM is most likely the next culprit, also inside the distributor.

Be sure to mark the position of the distributors before removing, so you won't have to set the timing again. :thumb:

OK THANK YOU! I will try another distributor today and see if it solves my problem.
By louboi12
#351620 I tried another distributor but still didnt get anything...Idk whats left to do car jus rolling but wont start.
By louboi12
teal_dx wrote:at least you didn't buy an ICM and then find out :thumb:

Did you modify or change anything on your car recently, before this issue started?

car was carburetor I swapped it to fuel injection with all parts needed from a donor car. d15b block d16z6 head p08 ecu.. I checked the ICM wire (yellow/green) for current with a test light but I didnt get anything....
By louboi12
teal_dx wrote:Did you connect all the grounds? Tranny, valve cover and most importantly, the one with all the little wires on the thermostat housing.

All grounds are connected Im goin to double check over everything under the hood. But all electrical component in the car works. Just stuck on the no fire.
By louboi12
#351637 ok I went outside checked the positive and negative terminal on the coil with a test light I'm getting power from both. I touch the ICM connector wire and it makes a click sound

this is the test I have done without a power probe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Z6onrtKSW4