Technical Topics specific to the Hatchback body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By ssclo
#351310 Hi Civic-EG members and experts,

I have been driving my 1993 Honda Civic Hatch for a long time now and I found out a symptom on my car lately. It doesn't turn on.

I am not a car expert but have checked all my car standard indicators that i have petrol, battery and coolant everything seems filled and fine.

The issue however is when i turn my keys, i usually hear a fuel pump start up noise which it seems it doesn't turn on so i suspect because of this, the car doesn't response to turn on / ignite.

From my dails usually after the fuel pump sound finish at accessories mode, the yellow engine light should turn off, however it remains on.

And unsure if this is related, usually this happen after i driven from the rain and not sure if it is related to my air con also.

Wondering any expert who can give me a tip about where i can identify the issue as this only occurs at times, it was hard for my local mechanics to find the problem because this only occurs at when ever it likes to.

Thank you for your help.

Regards,
By teal_dx
#351319 Sounds to me like your main relay has started to go bad. It is what sends power to the fuel pump.

It is located here under the driver's dash (possibly opposite side on RHD vehicles)

Often over time the solder joints on the board will crack from expanding/contracting. They can be re-soldered or the whole main relay can be replaced. I bought one years ago and it was about $70 USD from the Honda dealership.

By ssclo
#351471 Thanks teal_dx.

Will double check again with my local mechanic and car electrician with the relay this weekend.

And also just found out that my air con issue that my air compressor died and need replacement.

Will keep you updated.