Technical Topics specific to the Hatchback body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By Jcampa19
#349838 Previous owner didn't bolt ac compressor bracket into place, popped hood and A/C compressor was literally dangling and supported only by hoses.

I unbolted and removed the A/C compressor so now it's just the hoses and remaining assembly.

Before I ask these questions I want you guys to know that I'm learning about these engines as I go. Complete noob.

1- does coolant circulate through a/c compressor, reason I ask is because some green liquid came shooting out of compressor.

2- reference to question 1.. Is it necessary to remove remaining a/c assembly? Just need to know if I should take the rest off because I don't want liquids going everywhere.
By suspendedHatch
#349842 It's refrigerant aka freon or R134a depending on what year your car is. Hopefully the system had no pressure in it and you didn't intentionally dump that into the atmosphere. It's not tied to your coolant system or any other system and you can remove the entire setup and drop about 45lbs of weight. If your car is a 93 or 94, you can sell the complete setup for $150-200.

You'll need to seal up the hole in your under dash evaporator box or get a non AC one. You'll also want a non AC firewall grommet near the battery where the lines go to the evaporator.
By teal_dx
suspendedHatch wrote:If your car is a 93 or 94, you can sell the complete setup for $150-200.

What's the difference between 92 & 95 vs 93-94 when it comes to AC parts? :?
By Jcampa19
suspendedHatch wrote:It's refrigerant aka freon or R134a depending on what year your car is. Hopefully the system had no pressure in it and you didn't intentionally dump that into the atmosphere. It's not tied to your coolant system or any other system and you can remove the entire setup and drop about 45lbs of weight. If your car is a 93 or 94, you can sell the complete setup for $150-200.

You'll need to seal up the hole in your under dash evaporator box or get a non AC one. You'll also want a non AC firewall grommet near the battery where the lines go to the evaporator.

It's a 95 bro. I don't plan on taking the rest of the assembly off. And there was pressure that escaped when I took off the compressor along with a bit of green dye. I'll be putting that compressor back on when the heat comes back around.
By HeikDiesel
teal_dx wrote:
suspendedHatch wrote:If your car is a 93 or 94, you can sell the complete setup for $150-200.

r12 vs r134 if I had to guess
By suspendedHatch
HeikDiesel wrote:
teal_dx wrote:

r12 vs r134 if I had to guess

Whoops. 93-95. HeikDeisel got it.