Technical Topics specific to the Hatchback body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By Jcampa19
#349681 i was driving my EG home from work going 80 had it in 5th gear and it's almost as if it popped out of gear. I tried to shift it back and nothing. Went into each gear with out the help of the clutch. Engine still turns on fine.

None of the gears are catching

May just be shift linksge? Need some opinions before lifting it up in the air this weekend.
By HeikDiesel
#349682 Sounds like the shifter inside the car is moving like it is going in gear but I bet that it isn't physically shifting the transmission. If the car will start it's obviously not in gear. Check the linkage, your problem should be very apparent
By Jcampa19
HeikDiesel wrote:Sounds like the shifter inside the car is moving like it is going in gear but I bet that it isn't physically shifting the transmission. If the car will start it's obviously not in gear. Check the linkage, your problem should be very apparent

Yeah I figured that may be it but wanted to get some opinions before getting her up in the air. Thanks for the advice bro.
By HeikDiesel
#349708 Well my opinion is the two bolts that hold the stabilizer rod bushing to the chassis came loose but that's just a guess. Like I said 30 seconds and a jack it should be pretty apparent what is wrong
By Jcampa19
HeikDiesel wrote:Well my opinion is the two bolts that hold the stabilizer rod bushing to the chassis came loose but that's just a guess. Like I said 30 seconds and a jack it should be pretty apparent what is wrong

It turned out to be the passenger axle that popped out. Previous owner half assed everything he did on this car. Sorry I thiught I already replied to this.
By HeikDiesel
#349841 Interesting, that thought never crossed my mind. Glad you got it figured out though :thumb: