Technical Topics specific to the Hatchback body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By Watchmyhax
#349499 Hi guys, new member to the forum, but not new to civics. Just got my civic hatch about 2 weeks ago and my shifter has just yesterday started sticking to the left. All I have to do to go to first/second is push up/down. There is no room at all to move the shifter to the left, and I seem to have to push the stick to the right of where I normally would to get to the other gears.

There's a pic of the stick just being left alone in neutral in the second comment. I'm guessing it's a problem with the slave cylinder or shift linkage? Any help is appreciated!

Also, does anyone know where to get the trunk hatch strut ball posts? They're the little bolt with a ball-end head on it that the trunk struts attach to. My new struts didn't come with them and the old ones don't look like they'll come off. Any help on where I can get those would also be appreciated.
By teal_dx
#349506 The slave cal would affect the clutch pedal but not the shifter. I'd look under the car where the shifter is and see how the shifter bushing looks. It's pretty unlikely that the shift linkage would bend, as it's a pretty beefy steel bar. The bushing could be rotted or one of the bolts holding it could have come loose.
By Watchmyhax
#349507 Alright, I was just trying to figure out what other peoples' thoughts might be on it before I get under it. My living situation isn't the best so I'll have to see if my friend has something to get the car up with.
By Watchmyhax
#350056 Problem solved. Turned out to be a mis-matched header-to-exhaust flange the PO rigged up I guess. It was also 1" too long, leading it to hit my shifter linkage and cause my other issue. Got it fixed at an exhaust shop and now all is good in that department.

Now I'm dealing with a rough idle issue, and sometimes the fuel pump isn't priming. That's an issue for another section of the forum, though. I'll go post it in the d-serious section if anyone wants to look at it.