Technical Topics specific to the Hatchback body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By FlopUrDonk
#349424 I took the cheap tint off all my window using a blow dryer and razor. But it did leave some excess glue. Used rubbing alcohol to remove the glue. But now I come to the rear window on my hatchy and took the tint off but again some glue has stayed. Was able to pull off tint with no razor. Will rubbing alcohol remove my defrost grid or does anybody have a better method to take the glue off without damaging anything.

Sorry for the newb question. :?
By brandoff88
#349434 I have heard that steam works by far the best, don't use razors, I had to live without a rear defroster after doing that, just turn the car on and use the defroster for the hatch and try to rub it off or use a hair dryer...but steam is definitely the best choice
By FlopUrDonk
#349441 Thanks man. Think I'm gonna bite the bullet and buy a steamer
By brandoff88
#349442 best option is always a good thing, sometimes spendy, but if you get one with upholstery attachments you can do your interior like rear seats and front seats, door inserts and the like, but you get the added benefit of a steam cleaned interior, and believe me it makes a HUGE difference
By express21
#349541 No worries get a 1500 grade sand paper with water and rub the remaining glue off, that is what i did yesterday now my glass is clean like whistle.