Technical Topics specific to the Hatchback body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By 93sihatchguy
#348887 Hi, I just noticed today after washing and vacuuming my car, there were water drops on the inside speaker grills of my front doors. I popped them off and found both of my speakers were wet. I don't want to ruin my speakers, (Infinity Kappa Perfect 6.1 Components) and would like to know what I need to replace to prevent this from happening or getting worse and frying my speakers all together. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
By Virux
#352508 I'm pretty sure the window trim intentionally drains water there. I also noticed it was dripping on my speaker, probably has been for years. You can install a baffle over the back of the speaker to prevent damage.

Maybe it is just a common issue with the seal though.
By EconoBox
#352518 Water in the doors is part of how the civic is designed. They have drain holes in the bottom of the panel to allow the water to escape and not collect. If you feel the amount is excessive you can always replace your dew wipes (some people call them belt moldings) as they are the only seal against the glass to keep water out of the door itself. If it worries you look into foam baffles to seal the rear of the speaker. Don't get ones that are too deep though or your glass won't be able to go down all the way. Also the majority of high end speakers are usually pretty resilient to water so I would suggest seeing if the owners manual for the speakers says anything about them being rated for marine use. I know almost all of the Polk Audio stuff I have ever installed into my EGs have been marine rated and I've never had any failure of the front components. Be sure your crossovers are not installed in the door panels though they are never sealed they must be inside of the vehicle away from moisture, i understand it makes install more complicated but it is necessary. Good luck.
By Jim353
#352845 Once I also faced same problem after washing my car.