Technical Topics specific to the Hatchback body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By prime92eg
#348492 [b][i] :? :? :? :? :? :?

Hey EG-HEADS... fresh rebuild, all new gasket from the oil pan up to valve cover, adjustible cam gear, ac delete ps delete semi wire tuck, aluminum half radiator, headers, 2.5 exhast. its been gutted...

it cranks but no start.
its getting spark
its getting fuel
has good compression

its a 1992 eg hatch dx
5 speed with a auto p28 ecu pinedout for the manual setup.
the motor is a d15b7 with a z6 valve cover.

:? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :x :x :x :x :x :x :x [/url]
By Leppy
#348493 Sounds like you had a good troubleshooting start. If you do not have any Check Engine light on, then check the coil in the dizzy. It seems to be a common denominator in the no start issues. You could be getting spark, but not strong enough. If your plugs, wires, and cap/rotor are new, chances are your coil has gone bad.
By teal_dx
5 speed with a auto p28 ecu pinedout for the manual setup.
the motor is a d15b7 with a z6 valve cover.

A z6 valve cover doesn't fit a D15b7 :eh:
And A P28 is the wrong ECU to be using for a D15b7 ... Unless you meant to say you have a D16z6 mini-me swap :?

First, did you triple check that the firing order/plug wires are correct? Spark won't do any good if it's firing on the wrong cyls.
Second, is the ignition timing correct?
What distributor are you running?
Are all the grounds good? (valve cover, transmission and the most important, thermostat housing)
By prime92eg
#348520 Hey guys as a update....
1. its a d15b7 bottom end
2. d16y7 head
3. i checked all ground wires and added some extras.
4. now i rechecked the everything again now no spark.....
5. i will get a new dizzy tomorrow and MAXX BURNOUTS ON THE HOUSE!!!!

BY THE WAY IF SOMEONE IS CLOSE TO THE COLOINAL HEGHTS VA AREA LET ME KNOW, I CAN USE ALL THE HELP EG- HEADS....HONDA POWER!!!! :woot: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :thumb:
By prime92eg
#348610 :woot: :twisted: HEY EG HEADS.... MY BAD BUT HAVE BEEN DOING A LOT OF OVERTIME, IM TRYING TO SAVE UP AND HAVE ENOUGH TO BOOST ,TUNE AND GET HER READY BEFORE THE WINTER...LOL I FOUND OUT THE IGNITER WASD NO GOOD... IF ANYONE HAS ONE PLEASE LET ME KNOW... APPRECIATED.. FAMILY... AND AGAIN...IF ANYONE IS IN THE VA RICHMOND AREA... HIT ME UP!!!

SO ONCE AGAIN GREAT NEWS...
1. HAS NO SPARK..= SO I NEED THE DIZZY...
NEW PLUS WIRES MAIN RELAY..ETC..
2. GREAT COMPRESSION FRESH REBUILD FROM OIL PAN TO VALVE COVER...
3. FUEL PUMP TURNS ON WHEN KEY IS TURNED...

SO LAST PIECE AND SHE WILL COME ALIVE!!!!!! LOL

HELP ME GUYS? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :D :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :twisted: :twisted: 8) :o :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :hehe: :hehe: :hehe: :hehe: :hehe: :hehe:
By Punksz6
#348714 Agree with Teal or you could try Craigs or Facebook, since that's where a lot of people in my area are now posting for any type of parts... :thumb:
By suspendedHatch
#348739 You can get an ignitor at the junkyard from nearly any other Honda. Accords, 4th-6th gen Civics, Integras...

It's pocket sized :lol:

Bring little vice grips for the screws that are often seized or stripped.
By prime92eg
#348984 :x :? :?
Hey guys still no luck......lol.
the eg hatch will run before thanksgiving....lol
:woot: :twisted: :twisted:
I changed the following:
Correct ecu
dizzy
spark plugs and wires
main relay and still no spark?????
Now the last thing I change will be the wire harness...
and if that's not it its time to go b series!!!!!
By teal_dx
#348996 Did it ever run or did you buy the car with this problem? If it used to get spark and run, what happened or what did you change, causing there to be no spark after?
By prime92eg
#348998 hey teal dx...I bought it from a guy and he said
no spark? the funny thing about it was he bought a mini van because
He was so angry. .lol..I will have a new/used wire harness this week
and hopefully we will be in business! !! :woot:
:lol: :woot: :woot: :woot: :thumb: