Technical Topics specific to the Hatchback body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By prime92eg
#349229 Hey honda heads...I got the new harness in and everything is well.
but now the fuel pump won't prime? All fuses under hood and inside car are
Good? I used a jumper pack to check the fuel pump and its good. .
I put dome gas in the motor and it ran for a couple of seconds...lol
it was goo to hear...because I bought the civic not running and wasn't sure if I got
ripped off? So I'm so close...I can feel the buyouts!!! :woot: :thumb: :D
By teal_dx
#349236 Hey I would check your fuel pump ground (I think the wire grounds somewhere near the driver's front seat) and then check your main relay (below the driver's side dash)
By prime92eg
#349243 :thumb: :thumb: :twisted: :woot: :D hey honda heads...
I wanted to say thanks! To teal dx..Thanks there's nothing more frustrating than a problem with a Frankenstein motor and a car you bought not running....I just wanted to
celebrate with all..last night. I check everything, everything checked out well.
but the fuel pump wouldn't prime...so I put throttle body cleaner in and she fired up!!
Yes that was Great but the truth behind the faulty/main relay not working was the fuel injectors were clogged as well as the fuel rail.so that kept the fuel pump from properly working. So now of to the junkyard to get the new/used setup...injectors and fuel rail complete. :thumb: :thumb: :shock: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :thumb: :thumb: :woot:
By prime92eg
#349244 :thumb: :thumb: :twisted: :woot: :D hey honda heads...
I wanted to say thanks! To teal dx..Thanks there's nothing more frustrating than a problem with a Frankenstein motor and a car you bought not running....I just wanted to
celebrate with all..last night. I check everything, everything checked out well.
but the fuel pump wouldn't prime...so I put throttle body cleaner in and she fired up!!
Yes that was Great but the truth behind the faulty/main relay not working was the fuel injectors were clogged as well as the fuel rail.so that kept the fuel pump from properly working. So now of to the junkyard to get the new/used setup...injectors and fuel rail complete. :thumb: :thumb: :shock: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :thumb: :thumb: :woot: