Technical Topics specific to the Hatchback body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By Zac
#348108 Hey guys, I got a EG hatch from a friend, its a Si model but the clutch is toast.

Any brand I should get? Only plan to be daily driver.

Anything else I should do while the transmission is out?
By FG2_Andrew
#348119 check your flywheel. more than likely you need a new one or to atleast get that one resurfaced.

and if it's a DD, any old clutch will do.. i've bought a few autozone clutches and have been fine. if you wanna drive it hard at all, look for something a little more performance related
By HeikDiesel
#348120 "oem spec" Exedy are my favorite for a stock replacement clutch
By teal_dx
#348121 If you're not going to any mods to the engine (or just do the basics like intake/header/exhaust etc.) then this is all you need:
http://www.corsportusa.com/store/catalo ... s_id=17999

Just a basic oem replacement clutch made by a reputable brand, Exedy.

And as mentioned, get the flywheel resurfaced while you have it all apart. A local machine shop can do that and it's not expensive.

edit- treed by HeikDiesel :lol:
By SloCivic
#348123 I bought a clutch kit off ebay, if you dont wanna go through the process of getting your flywheel resurfaced just buy this kit, I have it on my stock coupe and have no issues. Great price.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/EXEDY-CLUTCH-PR ... 3a&vxp=mtr
By suspendedHatch
#348136 I like the Exedy as well. At first, you'll hate it because the pedal will be softer than the old one. But once you're used to it it will feel normal.
By SloCivic
suspendedHatch wrote:I like the Exedy as well. At first, you'll hate it because the pedal will be softer than the old one. But once you're used to it it will feel normal.

Ya I definitely noticed the soft pedal. I must of spent an hour between bleeding it & adjusting the clutch master because I thought something was wrong. It's a little weird at first especially since I'm used to driving my spec stage 3 lol
By Zac
#348143 Thanks guys. I have a Spec Stage2+ and lightweight flywheel in my Legacy so a soft feeling will be nice.

Ill be fixing the quarters too but ill start anothere thread for that once its in the garage.
By JUICE
#348148 Exedy definitely the way to go for stock motor. I had an oem b series exedy hold 240whp/240wtq on my first boosted LS that popped after a year of serious abuse. :lol:
By SloCivic
JUICE wrote:Exedy definitely the way to go for stock motor. I had an oem b series exedy hold 240whp/240wtq on my first boosted LS that popped after a year of serious abuse. :lol:

Surprised that it even lasted that long lmao.
Just ordered a CC stage 4 for my ls turbo build so I have room for improvement. :hehe:

Anyways long story short... I think the consensus here is that the Exedy is the way to go.
By egsedanguy
teal_dx wrote:Don't forget to replace the release bearing AS WELL AS the pilot bearing (in the center of the flywheel) :thumb:

yes this is a must. I have forgot to replace them befor and it suck redoing things.
By suspendedHatch
#348199 It should come with the kit.

You probably want to press the new pilot bearing in. I can't see it being too good for it if you pound it in. Doesn't take a lot of force but I seem to recall that it goes in one way.
By HeikDiesel
#348203 I put mine in the freezer for a few hours. You can lightly tap them in after that