Technical Topics specific to the Hatchback body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By NumbF1ng3rsZ
#346435 So I want to start repairing my front & rear bumpers both of which have some pretty nasty hits (don't know how to post pictures here) and say I find a helpful tutorial on the internet,
Still after that there's the problem of painting them both to the exact color of the car, anyone know where to find paint like this?
Ps if anyone has done this and has some good tips or even a full tutorial ,it would be greatly appreciated.

[/img]
By Loaf31
#346436 Do you know what the paint color of your car is? If not, look in the driver-side door jamb and there should be a little sticker with your paint code on it. :D

As for repairing the bumpers, are they scratches, gouges, or severe dents?
if they're not too bad, you can bondo them, primer over the bondo, and then use your color-matched paint to paint over the repair.
That's what I did on pages 8 and 9 of my build thread. :D
By NumbF1ng3rsZ
Loaf31 wrote:Do you know what the paint color of your car is? If not, look in the driver-side door jamb and there should be a little sticker with your paint code on it. :D

As for repairing the bumpers, are they scratches, gouges, or severe dents?
if they're not too bad, you can bondo them, primer over the bondo, and then use your color-matched paint to paint over the repair.
That's what I did on pages 8 and 9 of my build thread. :D

okay, small favor can you tell me how i can post a picture here so i can show you exactly what i mean?
[/img]
By NumbF1ng3rsZ
#346444 [quote="NumbF1ng3rsZ"]So I want to start repairing my front & rear bumpers both of which have some pretty nasty hits (don't know how to post pictures here) and say I find a helpful tutorial on the internet,
Still after that there's the problem of painting them both to the exact color of the car, anyone know where to find paint like this?
Ps if anyone has done this and has some good tips or even a full tutorial ,it would be greatly appreciated.

[/url]https://www.flickr.com/photos/fluxpuff/14234660847/in/photostream/
By PirateEG
#348258 Working on the plastic bumpers is not that bad; I would not advise trying to fill a hole in plastic with bondo, but removing gouges will be fine.

I used some plastic epoxy and then bondo to remove the license plate mounts on the front bumper... Since the epoxy is MILDLY flexible that bondo only needs to smooth out the bumper and not fill the hole.

But yes, Bondo for small stuff, but a layer of plastic epoxy(easily found at home depot or whathaveyou), is a good base for deep stuff.