Technical Topics specific to the Hatchback body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By Kyle_Eh3
#345920 Recently my cars temperature have been jumping up and down everytime I give it some gas while I drive. What do you think it is? Help me out please.
By Kyle_Eh3
#345934 My coolant is fine no smoke or anything drives like it should. It stopped when my car ran for a little bit but I gotta test it again tomorrow.
By m578elb
#346008 Could be an air lock, or a sticky thermostat, or the rad cap not opening at the correct pressure. There is another thing , try to drive the car with the heater on, not with the fan just with the temperature. Let us know :wink:
By Kyle_Eh3
#346009 It stops doing it if i drive for a while. My buddy told me to change my coolant temperature sensor.
By Snaiper1990
#346010 Maybe its your water pump ? i had the same problem in my civic the temp was jumping, i changed the water pump and its fine now
By Kyle_Eh3
#346015 Rebuilt head. New exhaust valves. Water pump timing belt done. Distributor went out on me a while ago when I was racing I don't know if that'll make a difference.
By MG6
#346358 could be some air bubbles still trapped.

Best and cheap - free is to bleed the system. there is an thread on how to do this step by step.

from there, if the T-stat isn't replace, you might want to look into this.