Technical Topics specific to the Hatchback body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By jerrymesajo
#345650 good day,

I need help regarding my ph12 engine. the radiator fan automatically turns in when the temperature is 3/4 above the normal temp. what might be the problem?

what happen is, one'S the temperature reach the 3/4 above temp(considered overheating) the radiator fan turns on until the temp reaches the middle part of temperature gauge then the fan shut down waiting the temp to rise again reaching 3/4 above temp...

I already changed a new radiator, radiator cover, cleans and tightens the hose, new thermo switch, thermostat,..

thank you very much..
more power..[/b]
By Coraline
#345653 Hello,
I've never seen a d series run hotter that 1/3 of the temp gauge, unless there was a problem with the cooling system.
1. How many km on the vehicle?
2. Is there coolant in the radiator? Is it indeed coolant and not possibly a different fluid? Has the car been drinking coolant ie have you been topping it up? The cooling system doesn't drink very much if any fluid at all during normal conditions.

The only other issue could be water pump related, its driven by the timing belt and circulates the coolant keeping the engine cool. Very seldom does the fan come when i drive, i would keep any driving you do to short distances till you resolve this issue.
hope this helps!
By jerrymesajo
#345658 yea theres a coolant, the temp,usually goes up after 5 mins when its used.

im thinking of the water pump but isn't the fan should turn even the fuel pump has a problem? i mean the fan should not wait to reach 3/4,befre it turn. ? ive tried 3 different thermo switch but thensame result happens..

thanks..