Technical Topics specific to the Hatchback body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By slow92vx
#345503 Good morning everyone, I am creating this thread because I have run into an issue I've never had before. I installed a hardrace camber kit on the front of my hatch and now I can barely tuck the tread of my tires and I have no suspension travel becaust the top of the control arms are resting on the underside of my engine bay. I was wondering if there is a work-around for this? Thanks for your time
By Leppy
#345505 I take it you didn't have that problem with the factory upper control arms?

Sounds like either something's bent, or it's not installed right. Can you provide pictures so we can see what's going on?
By slow92vx
#345506 Nope didn't have the problem with the stocks, had the oil pan about an inch off the ground and I still had about a quarter of an inch of play with the ucas. I'm at work but I will go out and take pics in a bit. The end where the ball joint is is fine because there were holes cut but the arms themselves just out from where they bolt to the bay are rubbing
By slow92vx
#345508 So I want to add two pictures but I don't know how to add pics from the computer, only from a web address[/img]
By Leppy
#345509 what site? can you link it?

.. nevermind, reading owns me this early in the morning lol.

Um, you can just upload them to photobucket, flickr, or even facebook and link them from there
By slow92vx
#345510 I have it in my email and saved to my desktop, I tried to add the link from google but it wasn't clickable
By slow92vx
#345511 Yeah, I'm going to have to create an account with one of those which unfortunately will have to wait until after work.
By Leppy
slow92vx wrote:Yeah, I'm going to have to create an account with one of those which unfortunately will have to wait until after work.

If you have a yahoo, you automatically have a flickr account. That's what I use.
By slow92vx
#345513 I added them to another forum I've been on for a while. Hopefully this works. Image
Last edited by slow92vx on Sun May 11, 2014 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By slow92vx
#345514 [img][img]http://blazerforum.com/forum/members/99lsdriven-62647-albums-garage-noname-6255-picture-rubbing-control-arm-28992.jpg[/img][/img]
By Leppy
#345515 Are the bolts going through the bushings holding it to the tower tight? If those aren't tight and it rotates around freely, that's probably what's making it sit high. Either way,take the weight off of the suspension, rotate the arms back down, and make sure they are tight so the bushings can do the job of supporting the weight, and go from there.
By slow92vx
#345516 I didn't torque them down if that's what you mean, I just tightened them enough to know the nut wouldn't walk its way off the end of the nut. I just don't want to shelf my new parts right now because I'm about to make a 970 mile trip in it, but at the same time I don't want the car to beat me to death because there is no suspension travel. But anyway, thanks for the help, I will definitely try what you suggested.
By Leppy
slow92vx wrote:I didn't torque them down if that's what you mean, I just tightened them enough to know the nut wouldn't walk its way off the end of the nut. I just don't want to shelf my new parts right now because I'm about to make a 970 mile trip in it, but at the same time I don't want the car to beat me to death because there is no suspension travel. But anyway, thanks for the help, I will definitely try what you suggested.

Yeah you dont want that loose in a long trip. Last thing you need is that coming apart on you. Tighten them down and let the bushings do their job