Technical Topics specific to the Hatchback body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By Cone_Shark
#345494 My car came with no rear hatch compartment carpet. The rear of my seats are not covered too. Looking at getting new carpet and from the pic online of the 2 piece kit it looks like the carpet for the back is way to big for the "trunk" area. So does the carpet run up the back of the seats? Reason I ask is I'm planning on removing the rear seat and carpeting the whole rear. If what I'm guessing is right (carpet runs up the back of the rear seats) I should just buy a piece of carpet long enough for the rear to meet up with the front molded piece and cut it my self.
By m578elb
#345500 Hi, I've got a civic hatch and my rear carpet goes under the rear seats, there is a piece that goes on the seats but is separated. Buy a big piece, remove the rear seats, cut the shape , refit the seats and job done :)
By Cone_Shark
#345536 Thanks! That's what I figured. It would be nice if there was a cover with storage like the CRX's had.
By Virux
#346886 Yep, the OEM carpet is one big piece, with the two halves for the back of the seats split, and the hatch cover part is velcroed down to the plastic panels that wraps the bottom of the hatch.

IMO having the carpet attached to the seats is super annoying. I would carpet the back of each seat independently. I removed my back seats("temporarily"), and have to keep the carpet all straight and flattened out in my basement because the seats will crease it. Whenever I need to move everything, I have to hold the seats together which is very awkward along with holding up the slack carpet, etc.
By teal_dx
Virux wrote:
IMO having the carpet attached to the seats is super annoying. I would carpet the back of each seat independently. I removed my back seats("temporarily"), and have to keep the carpet all straight and flattened out in my basement because the seats will crease it. Whenever I need to move everything, I have to hold the seats together which is very awkward along with holding up the slack carpet, etc.

Yup - I hate that process :lol:

The worst thing is when you spill oil or something nasty in the back of your hatch, you have to pull the entire carpet out off of the seats to hose it off. It would be so much easier if they were separate pieces.