Technical Topics specific to the Hatchback body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By Civic Savior
#345462 Hey there im not really sure where to post this but I have a smashed upper core support. I bought the car wrecked and it needs to be replaced. I know that it is welded in but if I bought a new support is this something that could be bolted in?? Or is it recommended to have it welded in?? Im trying to save money for parts and would like to shave costs where I can so bolting this in would save a pretty penny as I cannot weld nor do I know anybody that does any welding. The cheapest I have been quoted for this job is $250 WITHOUT parts. Any suggestions?? I can post pics if you need to see the damage.
By m578elb
#345473 What about , you gonna line it up and bolt it on and when you got some $$$ just get it welded. Mine one is bent but i manage to hammer it so i can close the bonnet. Try it and put some pics :thumb: :D
By Civic Savior
#345479 Thanks for the link Teal...I might try this....with a few more bolts than that lol...and then weld it when I can afford it. I can get a full support at my local wrecking yard for $65 so its a much cheaper route. And I will post pics from start to finish but it will be a while until I get the support...month or so I guess..