Technical Topics specific to the Hatchback body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By 95DXHatch
#344705 Hey guys, so I've got a problem with my '92 EG Hatch. The PO screwed up the to the cooling fan, what would my best bet be to fixing this? Get a new clip and just attach it to that wire? Or get a new clip and reroute the whole wire? It'd be a bit of a task since it's in a wire loom, but I do prefer quality work, so I guess I could do that. I'm just not sure how well I would do it or where the wire leads to. Any help is appreciated, and here's a couple pics.

EDIT: My picture just made me realize that the clip would probably still work huh? But the male end of the clip that is on the fan side is missing, so would I just need to replace that clip? Or maybe just the fan as a whole?
By m578elb
#344709 Just replace the clips... No point to do the whole thing, soldering gun and 2new plugs and job done. Just order 2 plugs or take it from a scrapy eg :-).
By 95DXHatch
#344744 Alright, that sounds like my best bet, would you be able to find the part numbers for me? I have no clue what to call them and have no luck while I searched for hours yesterday. Also, I don't have a soldering iron but I could really use one, so I might as well buy one, any recommendations on one?
By m578elb
#344855 Ok, I've got an Haynes manual from 1991-1996 and i found "Cooling fan switch, pigtail plug". I think that a scrap is your best bet, but you can try this: Get 4 connectors, 2 male and 2 female, if you can get them same color like the wires that will be useful, use a plier to catch them to the wires and connect them together. Use some tape to prevent water going on the connection. Is a bush mechanic job but is working. Let me know how is going.