Technical Topics specific to the Hatchback body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By kickclutch
#344295 So last summer I discovered that my hatch was allowing water in, I have not found the source of this problem but suspect that it is my weather stripping needing to be replaced. However I am not 100% sure on this, has anyone ever had this problem or know how to fix it ?

thanks,
By blk92hb
#344472 my hatch was collecting water too. do you have a sun roof? if so check the hose that run from it in the back corners
By 95c1v1c
#359687 Pull the moldings along the roof and check for shrinking sealant. Mine was allowing water in through there. I just sealed it up with grey high temp gasket sealant and it works. The real trouble areas are right by the hatch hinges, they were leaking bad on mine until I sealed them.
By Virux
95c1v1c wrote:Pull the moldings along the roof and check for shrinking sealant. Mine was allowing water in through there. I just sealed it up with grey high temp gasket sealant and it works. The real trouble areas are right by the hatch hinges, they were leaking bad on mine until I sealed them.

Same story.

Lots of water pooling in my hatch, I could trace it up to the rear seatbelts since I have my side panels out. My tail light gaskets were leaking also but not enough. Pulled the rain gutters(roof trim) off and there was a big rust crack by the spoiler. I just put some clear silicone in and left it like that. I plan to restore both gutters soon.

You'll probably break a few clips taking the gutters off if you decide to do that.