Technical Topics specific to the Hatchback body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By 95DXHatch
#342255 Hi guys, got a couple questions, first one is about my cars rough idle. It will often idle very roughly, and the whole car will shake when I'm at a stand still, which I'm sure could be several things, but if someone could just list some things to check, I'd like to first go with the cheapest or free things to check first as I'm tight on money at the moment. Also, when I first start driving it it will have next to no power, it'll go up to about 15 MPH and I will floor it and it won't accelerate for a good 5 seconds or so. Now, next question, my e-brake light is stuck on, I read that this could be because it needs brakes, and I'm hoping that is it, I'm not sure what the brake situation is with it as I just got it, but I plan on getting the brakes done some time soon hopefully, whenever I can afford it. Is there anything else I can check? The brake fluid is almost to the max mark in the reservoir, so that shouldn't be it. Thanks for any help in advance!
Last edited by 95DXHatch on Fri Feb 07, 2014 5:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
By bigJOE671
#342260 for your brake light problem...Follow the pedal up into the dash, There is a switch there, a plastic piece attached to the brake pedal must've deteriorated.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5UxaXoeOFI

You can find one at a junk yard, order at your local honda dealership, or just put a screw in there for a temporary fix

I can't help with the rough idle or no power issue. Hopefully some one will chime in.
By 95DXHatch
#342311 I'm really sorry, completely my fault for not clarifying, but I mean my e-brake light, it doesn't turn off when the e-brake is completely disengaged, I'm definitely positive is disengaged by the way.
By egsedanguy
95DXHatch wrote:I'm really sorry, completely my fault for not clarifying, but I mean my e-brake light, it doesn't turn off when the e-brake is completely disengaged, I'm definitely positive is disengaged by the way.

check the wire for it. may have a bad ground. possible corrosion. pull the center consol and check for damaged wire.
By TrailerTrash
#342372 check the brake fluid level
By 95DXHatch
#342390 I'll definitely have to check out the brake wire under the center console, thank you. Looks like my overheating issues have been because of a bad head gasket, hopefully it doesn't need to be ummm... resurfaced? I think that's what it's called? My brother-in-law is a mechanic so hopefully will be doing a head gasket, timing belt, and water pump on it.
By TrailerTrash
#342402 dont forget the timing belt tensioner
By suspendedHatch
#342428 Sounds like your idle speed is too low. Check your idle speed and ignition timing. Jumper the ECU first. Idle speed is affected by ignition timing, so get it close first. Then make further adjustments with the idle screw on the throttle body. Ignition timing requires a timing light and turning the distributor.

See if your timing belt slipped a tooth.