Technical Topics specific to the Hatchback body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By EGCiviCKid
#338461 hi guys im thinking of building a rotisserie/ rollover jig fr my civic eg shell.
has anyone done this before on here?
I have read many articles and have a good idea of how to put one together, just wondering if anyone has plans/advice on mounting a civic to one of these :)
By Josh
#338568 My next post will be a real one, lol. Forum rules mean I have to have one post before I can post with URL/links.
By Josh
#338569 Guess this is my intro post.

Here's a couple pics of my setup when I did my FC.

It has 3in wide c-channel bases with 2in tube uprights and 1.5in supports. The "casters" are trailer casters. This allows for one man height adjustment. The portions that attach to the car are the same 3in wide c-channel with 1.5" solid stock for the pins. One end has two circular plates with holes drilled to lock the rotation at various angles.

You'll need a support that runs from one end to the other. You can see the crappy wood supports I used. Also, if you can get a hold of one, putting a trailer slack adjuster on one end will make rotating it easier. I've seen a few setups that used one. Turning it over by hand, by yourself, can result in some scary moments, but mine held up just fine.

Hope this helps.

Josh