Technical Topics specific to the Hatchback body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By rak511
#337946 I just put a carbon fiber duckbill on my hatch that came off of my old hatch. I went to put it on and the bolts didn't line up so I took my window off and took a hammer and tapped the hinges towards each other so the bolts would line up, put the window back on and the duckbill, now when I open the window it screeches and like pops like its stuck and doesn't want to open, sprayed wd-40 on the hinges where it sounded like it was coming from and that stopped it for maybe 5 minutes and then it just came back. Anyone else have this problem. Also my window doesn't want to close now, I have to really slam it to get it to shut.
By TrailerTrash
#337948 something is either catching or the hinges are binding. have someone open/close it very slowly while you look for the problem area.

be very careful not to be anything or brake the glass
By rak511
#338141 been busy with school so sorry for this late response. It seems to be coming from the right side hinge. When the duckbill was put on the hinges were pounded towards each other to make the duckbill line up. When I get a chance I'm going to take off the duckbill and see if it still does it.
By rak511
#338242 found my problem. duckbill rubbing the roof wen it opens. gonna sand down the wing where it rubs just a little
By PirateEG
#338332 Yea, The wing that came on my car does that... I think well beyond the ability to sand it back...

I just removed it, and the window struts... now when I need to open it I just let it rest on the roof. haha, I actually love it that way, it is totally out of the way.