Technical Topics specific to the Hatchback body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By cpl
#337426 Hello everyone.. I'm new here, but not new into hondas.

i own a 99 civic d16y8 turbo and now i'm rebuilding a 1993 eg6

i'm needing help to verify my unibody/chassis.
the car had a front/driver-side hit... i sended it to shop alignment but i want to verify if everything is fine...

i know there's a chassis measurement chart in service manual..
but im needing some advice from someone who did something like this before.. like.. where is the most important points to measure ?

the car is now into the car rotisserie and want o verify the alignment before start the rebuild.. so.. any tips to verify this chassis?
By cpl
#337427 Image

By xzachrickx
#337428 damn man this is going to be an awesome build to follow cant wait to see more. it has a good amount of surface rust but it looks like you know exactly what to do lol.
By cpl
#337430 hi xzachrickx! thank for your help.

the plan is a track car... K20 + rollcage + lots of suspension!

and it isn't surface rust, it's dust!! red dust! lol

about the chassis verification, i mean verify the chassis alignment.. any tips?

it's an EG6... do you have any chassis guideline you can send me?

thankz
By xzachrickx
cpl wrote:hi xzachrickx! thank for your help.

the plan is a track car... K20 + rollcage + lots of suspension!

hell yeah man suspension makes a car just as much as what motor is in it. love suspension setups, real ones not d2s and ebay lcas. lol
cpl wrote:it isn't surface rust, it's dust!! red dust! lol

after looking at the pics i saw that the rubber brake lines had "rust" on the also. so i thought about it alittle more. haha

cpl wrote:about the chassis verification, i mean verify the chassis alignment.. any tips?

it's an EG6... do you have any chassis guideline you can send me?

thankz

idk if i will be able to find frame rail specs but i can check around because it would be helpful for tons of people
By cpl
#337446 well, good news i believe..

i measured some points and they are in specs or +-3mm in... i mean.. they are close enought i believe.. by what i know 3mm is acceptable.

and, correct me if i'm wrong, if it's a little out.. i can take it suspension be aligned by robots right?

but looks ok!
By xzachrickx
#337473 hondas specs are pretty loose lol i would guess you are ok lol
By xzachrickx
#337499 doe sit show what the specs are? like on body panels and stuff like that?
By cpl
#337501 it's a guideline for body work..

welding, panel replacements, measures..

i couldn't find it on the net anywhere!!

i can share with after i receive.
By EGCiviCKid
#338462 Hey dude you rotisserie looks awesome. im planing on making one for my eg.
it would really help if you could shed some light on how you made it.. better yet do you still have the plans for it?? many thanks!
By Apexracing
#338476 That car has more bends then a bendy straw lol Ouch.