Technical Topics specific to the Hatchback body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By yddle0713
#337015 Hello .. my problem is about my Radiator's Fan? .. it doesn't work even though i started over 15 min already ..

Problem happened before .. OVERHEAT

Solutions made: Checked if the Fan is okay .. (Fan Good)

Fuses are fixed ..

Tubes on radiator are replaced ..

what do you think guys is the problem coz my fan still doesn't work? :(
By Uknterror
#337021 Fan switch
By PirateEG
#337377 Is the cooling system bleed? The temp sensor is towards the top of the cooling system. And a system low on coolant or improperly bleed with have an air pocket by the sensor disabling the signal to turn the fan on. If you are having overheating issues this is a good possibility.

Make sure the coolant reservoir has adequate coolant and the radiator is topped off.

Run the car (at idle!) for a while with the radiator cap off and make sure it stays full, fill as needed. When it starts getting warm the coolant will begin to flow out just a little. Put the cap back on and leave the car running. At this point there is enough coolant and if the fan does not come on in 5-15 minutes you need a new switch.
I even like to allow the engine to COMPLETELY COOL, over night is best and open the cap and top off again so when you put the cap on coolant is forced out. This ensures a FULL cooling system.

to make sure the fan works get a paper clip and disconnect the plug at the thermostat housing. Use the paperclip to bridge the two wires. If the fan comes on the switch is the problem.
By Punksz6
PirateEG wrote:Is the cooling system bleed? The temp sensor is towards the top of the cooling system. And a system low on coolant or improperly bleed with have an air pocket by the sensor disabling the signal to turn the fan on. If you are having overheating issues this is a good possibility.

Make sure the coolant reservoir has adequate coolant and the radiator is topped off.

Run the car (at idle!) for a while with the radiator cap off and make sure it stays full, fill as needed. When it starts getting warm the coolant will begin to flow out just a little. Put the cap back on and leave the car running. At this point there is enough coolant and if the fan does not come on in 5-15 minutes you need a new switch.
I even like to allow the engine to COMPLETELY COOL, over night is best and open the cap and top off again so when you put the cap on coolant is forced out. This ensures a FULL cooling system.

to make sure the fan works get a paper clip and disconnect the plug at the thermostat housing. Use the paperclip to bridge the two wires. If the fan comes on the switch is the problem.

X2 and when you do try this set your heater to high. Changed my ect the other week and still had a little air in the system and fan would not turn on. Re-bled and its good to go. :thumb: