Technical Topics specific to the Hatchback body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By Parkore
#336041 So i'm 16, and want a Honda eg. I've gotten all my stuff down (finding a good car, finding a good guy for parts, and experience maintaining cars), but my mom needs to use the car too. I want to get a manual cause it will save me loads on money to fix the car, and it will be easier to maintain, but that doesn't seem to be enough to convince her into getting the car. She rather buy an automatic car because of only knowing to drive an auto, and would only buy KIA for their safety. good mileage on the car (who wouldn't want that), low mileage as possible, and enough room for 4 people. All with less than 3 grand. As I might agree with some of the stuff she wants, we don't live in a perfect world, so their isn't some perfectly made KIA out their for 3 grand waiting for her. She said she might consider what I want (Honda Civic EG Hatchback Manual Drive) only with good reasons why my car is a better choice than what she wants. Please help me out!
By TrailerTrash
Parkore wrote:I've gotten all my stuff down

Except the money to buy your own car.
By Ajax1989
#336073 any eg will get better MPG then a KIA...
By rustyrex
#336083 Who's money is paying for the car? If its her checkbook you lose lol.
By DeanPant
#336092 show her videos of Kias breaking down :lol:
By suspendedHatch
#336104 You want to earn enough money to get your own car. Even if you got an EG, sharing it would be a nightmare.
By Punksz6
#336114 Just let her know that you keep up with the maintenance of the car and will learn to do some of the work that would be involved in fixing it, if something ever went wrong. Effectively saving you and your mom tons of money. Also Honda is one of the best and cost friendly vehicles on the market with tons and tons of aftermarket parts.

Also you have Forums like "Civic-Eg.com" (BEST FORUM on the web) to help you learn more about this famous & popular chassis. We are here to Help you out, the most we can.

:thumb:
By Virux
#337127 The EG Civic is one of the greatest platforms out there. Cheap, reliable, good looking, comfortable. Many parts are interchangeable between models, massive aftermarket support(and this doesn't have to mean big dollar mods, it's the small stuff that matters in situations like these). I've seen so many local EG's with 300k+ miles. They really grow on you the more you drive it in my opinion. Yada yada yada, anything you can think of.

The only problem is the fact they get stolen frequently. Specifically when they have exterior mods, canister muffler, wheels, drop, etc. Hatchback vs. Sedan makes a difference here. Adding security is an important factor. I don't know or care enough about passenger safety to make a statement on that, sorry.

However think about if this is something you really want. It won't be long before you buy one for yourself- or are you going to expect your mom to give up the EG at some point? Like the others said, it is her money after all. I think it should be planned out, and don't forget sedans are dope too!

P.S: Kia doesn't have a very good reputation. Only recently have they been making "better" cars marketed towards a sportier audience. I believe EricTheCarGuy(youtube) remarks about this in his Domestic vs. Import video.
By Ivank88
#337288 Buy one of ur own. Dont share anything. Sharing isnt yours. I worked under the table for $5 an hr when I was 15 so by 16 I could buy my own car. I paid my own insurance and fixed anything that broke. Nothing has changed since then. Ill be 25 in november. If u work for it and buy it urself itll be that much more appreciated. Thats one of the best life lessons my parents ever taught me.
By davidaron
Virux wrote:The EG Civic is one of the greatest platforms out there. Cheap, reliable, good looking, comfortable. Many parts are interchangeable between models, massive aftermarket support(and this doesn't have to mean big dollar mods, it's the small stuff that matters in situations like these). I've seen so many local EG's with 300k+ miles. They really grow on you the more you drive it in my opinion. Yada yada yada, anything you can think of.

The only problem is the fact they get stolen frequently. Specifically when they have exterior mods, canister muffler, wheels, drop, etc. Hatchback vs. Sedan makes a difference here. Adding security is an important factor. I don't know or care enough about passenger safety to make a statement on that, sorry.

However think about if this is something you really want. It won't be long before you buy one for yourself- or are you going to expect your mom to give up the EG at some point? Like the others said, it is her money after all. I think it should be planned out, and don't forget sedans are dope too!

P.S: Kia doesn't have a very good reputation. Only recently have they been making "better" cars marketed towards a sportier audience. I believe EricTheCarGuy(youtube) remarks about this in his Domestic vs. Import video.

I am totally agree with you. You are 100% good here that the only problem is the fact they get stolen frequently. Specifically when they have exterior mods, canister muffler, wheels, drop, etc.
By Virux
suspendedHatch wrote:
Virux wrote:The only problem is the fact they get stolen frequently.

http://www.civic-eg.com/causeforalarm/ :thumb:

Yeah man you're the king! I often re-read those articles. I'll be setting up my own EG site soon too. However no amount of security negates the fact, although I secretly believe in the 100% secure car- you'd still get broken windows and damaging failed thievery attempts, and so on.
By rustyrex
#338301 Dear O.P.

Please thank teal-dx I am not a moderator. If I was I would have locked this thread a long time ago. If someone is buying a car by themselves no one else should have any choice in the matter. People can offer their input, experience, and offer advice on whether a car is a good deal or not. If your mother is buying a car with her own money then you should have zero complaints about it. Even if she bought a neon pink prius. She is buying a car and is being nice enough to share it with you from time to time. If you want a say so in the car get a job, save your money and buy your own car. Until then,just be happy you will have a car to drive.

Thank you for allowing my rant.
By Virux
rustyrex wrote:Dear O.P.

Please thank teal-dx I am not a moderator. If I was I would have locked this thread a long time ago. If someone is buying a car by themselves no one else should have any choice in the matter. People can offer their input, experience, and offer advice on whether a car is a good deal or not. If your mother is buying a car with her own money then you should have zero complaints about it. Even if she bought a neon pink prius. She is buying a car and is being nice enough to share it with you from time to time. If you want a say so in the car get a job, save your money and buy your own car. Until then,just be happy you will have a car to drive.

Thank you for allowing my rant.

Yes, let's all thank teal-dx that you're not a moderator. Amen.

Really, none of us should know for sure who's money is buying the car, it was just something TrailerTrash mentioned and we all kind of went along with it. After reading the post again I'm leaning towards he is buying the car(or at least partially), but he's trying to make his mom happy too.
By Ajax1989
#338319 take to the junkyard if you guys have a problem with each other

Parkore PM me and ill unlock your thread until then its gonna stay locked