Technical Topics specific to the Hatchback body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By lethalcx
#331675 so i keep haveing my check engine light come on and im getting code 17 which says its vehicle speed sensor.. now ive changed that sensor like three times and the light still on.. and my mph cluster doesnt work? anyone got any ideas?
By JUICE
#331686 Check the plug goin to the vss, make sure its not a full of crap/corrosion. The cluster taking a dump won't trip the CEL.
By teal_dx
#331691 But a faulty VSS will cause the cluster to take a dump, while throwing the code 17. Just replaced my VSS @ 180k mi. (after checking the wiring/connections and it not making any difference)
By lethalcx
teal_dx wrote:But a faulty VSS will cause the cluster to take a dump, while throwing the code 17. Just replaced my VSS @ 180k mi. (after checking the wiring/connections and it not making any difference)

I changed the sensor like there times with there different ones

Does anyone have a pinout for the p28?
By lethalcx
#331991 so i still cant figure out this damn problem with this car! none of the wires are cut that i can see, the other day it started working again by it self... my question is does the car go into limp mode when this speed sensor code pops up?
By suspendedHatch
#332000 Get a $20 multimeter, download the repair manual from Honda Hookup, then check the sensor wiring at the plug harness behind the cluster. If the wires check out, then the cluster is bad.
By lethalcx
suspendedHatch wrote:Get a $20 multimeter, download the repair manual from Honda Hookup, then check the sensor wiring at the plug harness behind the cluster. If the wires check out, then the cluster is bad.

ive checked power at the speed sensor itself and i got full 12v i tryed ohming the spped sensor wire from that plug straight to the ecu but i didnt get nothing but i did realize that that signal wire runs across the engine bay to the driverside under the dash to the cluster im assuming, then from there does it go to the ecu??