Technical Topics specific to the Hatchback body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By jadeydrag0117
#331581 is it just me ? or...?

Every time I go out for a drive; rolling over speed bumps, cracks on the floor, rumbly roads and stuff, my car sounds so loud and its just a really bumpy sounding ride.

Panels sound like they're vibrating, maybe the glass vibrating IDK WTF it is but it drives me insane. It just sounds like i'm driving in a piece of shit car.

I know our cars are old so im assuming that this might be the case...
if its just me its probably because i gutted my car a whie back i still need to put my carpet back in the rear panels don't have any screws + bolts in them + passenger seat is sorta loose.

Anyways just trying to narrow down the problem seeing what its like for others in case its not just because I didn't put things together.
By TrailerTrash
#331591 sounds like you answered your own problem :lol:
By rustyrex
#331595 Mine was the same way. I drove it like that for a fees weeks then fixed it. I always put a system in my car and sound dampen them all. I have 2 layers of dampening material on the floors and a third layer of heat barrier, the same for the firewall, 3 layers of material on the doors and roof and 4 layers on and in the hatch. I also put a single layer on the back of all my plastics when I take them out. I haven't done the quarters yet because I plan on getting them replaced over the winter ( hint hint teal) lol
By jadeydrag0117
rustyrex wrote:Mine was the same way. I drove it like that for a fees weeks then fixed it. I always put a system in my car and sound dampen them all. I have 2 layers of dampening material on the floors and a third layer of heat barrier, the same for the firewall, 3 layers of material on the doors and roof and 4 layers on and in the hatch. I also put a single layer on the back of all my plastics when I take them out. I haven't done the quarters yet because I plan on getting them replaced over the winter ( hint hint teal) lol

yeah i've thought about this, putting a ton of that grey fabric stuff under the carpets and inside the walls. i've just been so busy with school.
but over summer you guys will see my project progress grow super fast.

i have money for everything now even a swap lol.
By rustyrex
#331597 I don't mean that stuff. That stuff is called jute I believe. I used a asphalt based material. I use Second Skin products exclusively. When I get my guarters redone I am gonna have Line-X truck bed coating sprayed on the inside of the quarters and cargo area and them do 3 layers over all of that. The weight adds up very quickly. Already I have added 93 pounds. After the Line-X and cargo area get covered ill probably add a additional 50 pounds or so.
By jadeydrag0117
rustyrex wrote:I don't mean that stuff. That stuff is called jute I believe. I used a asphalt based material. I use Second Skin products exclusively. When I get my guarters redone I am gonna have Line-X truck bed coating sprayed on the inside of the quarters and cargo area and them do 3 layers over all of that. The weight adds up very quickly. Already I have added 93 pounds. After the Line-X and cargo area get covered ill probably add a additional 50 pounds or so.

no im not talking about loot just the fabric that comes OEM under your carpet,

anyways do you have any pics? or a myride section with pics?
By 92egdxhatch
#331609 my car sounds the same, get used to it!
By jadeydrag0117
92egdxhatch wrote:my car sounds the same, get used to it!

no,
By rustyrex
jadeydrag0117 wrote:
92egdxhatch wrote:my car sounds the same, get used to it!

no,

LMAO best forum response ever. Why should you have to get used to it or deal with it when you can change it. Sound dampening helps wonders. Just one layer on the metal and you can do a layer on the back of the plastics and your car will be extremely quiet.