Technical Topics specific to the Hatchback body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By egEddie
#330655 What up people im new to the civic game i just purchased a 1992 Honda civic vx with 144xxx 5 speed i love my car just not to fond of the lack of power i happen to have a crashed civic ex same year good Engine and trans with a d16z6 could i swap the engine and is it hard im new to cars in general but got friends that can help thanks all[/quote]
By teal_dx
#330662 It is all a direct swap, everything bolts right in. The only wiring conversion will be 5 wire to 4 wire o2 sensor. Vtec wiring will already be there. The shorter geared EX tranny will make a big difference as well. I'd do timing belt & water pump while you have the motor out, if it's getting close to that time. Spend $20 on a Helms manual, it's worth every penny if you're new to working on Hondas/cars.
:thumb:
By noname87
#330678 if the vx is anything like the cx, take off the a/c compressor (if it doesnt work) and the power steering pump since it has a manual steering rack. swap over the crank pulley too if it doesnt have either one of those.
By egEddie
#330687 Thanks guys yea my vx dont have power steering or ac
By suspendedHatch
#330826 Swap over the tilt steering column and the wiper stalk switch so you can have multiple settings. You need the black box off the back of the under dash fuse box to make it work.