Technical Topics specific to the Hatchback body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By eg6 Driver
#330290 Hi guys I need your help for trouble shooting my car. It's a 1992 civic hatch with d16a6 block and z6 vtec head. It's just stock with intake.

The next morning I woke up to go start my car and it won't start. It has no crank and no spark. The timing belt is still intact. I have a little video of attempting to start it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLkNg0gAWto
By teal_dx
#330292 Did you recently do any work or mods to the car or did it run fine then had no spark the next day?

If it just randomly stopped after working fine, I would suspect a bad ICM or Coil (both located inside the distributor).

edit: nevermind, I just noticed you said it had no crank. Check all your grounds to see if any are loose or corroded. Could be a dead spot in the starter. Try tapping it with a hammer and seeing if it cranks.
By eg6 Driver
#330295 The motor still rotate so I know that no rods are broken :)

I knock on the starter and still no crank. So I'm about to get it test now(wish it be the starter and not anything more expensive).
By bigJOE671
eg6 Driver wrote:Hi guys I need your help for trouble shooting my car. It's a 1992 civic hatch with d16a6 block and z6 vtec head. It's just stock with intake.

The next morning I woke up to go start my car and it won't start. It has no crank and no spark. The timing belt is still intact. I have a little video of attempting to start it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLkNg0gAWto

What is the voltage of your battery? If below 12.6 I suggest you recharge.

Check the voltage at these locations and post them
By eg6 Driver
#330345 ^ I took my battery to get it tested so it works.

I have my new starter install. It work for the first start but not the second. It does the same thing, no crank and no spark. I'll have to borrow someone dizzy to see if that's the problem.

Anymore suggestion? I check fuses, wires/grounds, and switch ecu(if that makes any difference)