Technical Topics specific to the Hatchback body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By noname87
#330679 CX models for sure have manual racks. VX might also
By PirateEG
#330790 My CX had power steering. And I did a manual swap. The job was pretty easy and straight forward, removing the power rack and components was the difficult part.

There are two things to watch out for.(I believe there is a DIY on the site)
1. One of the mounts needs slight modification, I was fortunate enough to be throwing in a complete poly bushing set and just cut up the old... still good bushing to take up the slack in the smaller mounting bits.

2. There is a gap between the shaft and the rack (where the shaft enters into the cabin to attach to the steering wheel. What I did was buy the cheapest radiator tubing i could find at my local autozone and cut off the length I needed to seal the car from the outside. A little unorthodox but it totally works. I think it was 2" tubing; i might be wrong tho.

The different is great, much more responsive... just difficult to turn the wheel when not moving... ie parking.
By nicksdelslow
#330793 Well I happen to have one, but that's not going to do u much good. It came from a vx