Technical Topics specific to the Hatchback body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By EGB18turbo
#329479 :woot: allrite people. im new to the site but ive had and owned a honda for years.ive got a b18c4 engine out of my mb that im in the process of doing a turbo conversion on.ive been offered an EG shell wich i wana use..the main point im tryna make is that i wana look into the 4wd option.
im aware that i have to get the running gear from the CRV.what i want to know is exactly what i need. and what i need to do from anyone that has seriously attempted this. (not people who are dreaming of doing this and think they have an idea) please only serious comments from anyone who has attempted or achieved it. thank you and look forward to hearing what you have to say. :thumb:
By Gunni
#329524 the part list for my car was basicly complete drivetrain from a 99-00 crv.

- gearbox + brackets + cables
- starter ( you will need to grind off the starter or the block to make it fitt in - i reconmend you mock up the box and motor before you put it in and you will see right away what i mean )
- driveshaft
- rear differential
- axles ( i used two right ones in my setup, reason- the rear diff in the crv is not in the middle, so the axles are differant length, but i put it in the middle in the civic an could use them with no mods at all, no need tho shorten or lengthen them )
- trailing arms
- lower control arms

also used
- integra rear shocks
- e-brake cables from any civic with drum brakes
- civic shuttle gas tank ( i strongly reconmend a fuelsell for this - i regret not have)

think thats it.

to go for front five lug ,the ITR front is the easyest way to go, do not waste time on the crv ones .

and again, this is not the best, only or easyest way to do it , just how i did it.
By EGB18turbo
#329538 cheers awd ek guru. :thumb: i did leave a message on ur build thread asking if you wreckon you could use the disc setup for the rear off the 2002 onward crv?is that poss do you wreckon as ive got the rear hubs off my civic mb wich are discs and the same rear arms as the eg.

And like civic_hatchSI is there any indication that running close to 600bhp through the 4wd system will even be able to take that power?
By Gunni
#329545 the brakes follow the hub assembly so what you have on the MB stays on it,
can you use the 2002+crv brake system ??- yes
would i do or reconmend it - no, its a whole different build and there are easyer ways to do it.

if i was to go for disks now i would go for the integra ones because the disks fit right on and it has e brake in the calibers

i have seen 600+ awd civics and they hold up fine,....... so far 8) nothing is unbreakable.