Technical Topics specific to the Hatchback body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By xhardlinerx
#324198 I got my windows tinted today. I think the guy who tinted my window lost a black plastic button that attaches to the window. What is the name of it so I can buy another one?

I took a picture of the black plastic piece I am talking about.
It is the size and thickness of a quarter.

This is the black piece I am talking about:

This is the side of the window that is missing the black piece:

This is just another picture of the black plastic piece.
On the back window on my car there is 1 of the left corner and 1 on the right corner. The one in the middle is thicker and bigger.

My car has a back window wiper motor with the wiring but it doesn't have a window wiper or the plug to place inside the extension socket. I think I should of removed the whole heavy thing with its wiring before I got it tinted. It doesnt rain that much here. I might take off the window motor and wiring and have the back re-tinted.
By Eg6H2D
#324199 for the middle. where the wiper would go.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/92-95-CIVIC-HAT ... 48&vxp=mtr

The rear glass corbner ones are the rear glass shock/strut mounting plug.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Genuine-OEM-Hon ... 8d&vxp=mtr
By xhardlinerx
#324202 Dang I just need the black plastic cap. I'm not going to pay 30.00 bucks for the whole set. I need to make the window tint place pay for that.

I guess I can scavenge through junk yards to see if they have this part.

Anyone know what similar cars have the same exact plastic button/cap?
By rustyrex
xhardlinerx wrote:Dang I just need the black plastic cap. I'm not going to pay 30.00 bucks for the whole set. I need to make the window tint place pay for that.I guess I can scavenge through junk yards to see if they have this part.

Anyone know what similar cars have the same exact plastic button/cap?

you can try but you will be wasting your time. i guarantee you they have a sign posted somewhere or it is on your receipt that they are not responsible for damage to any vehicle that enters thier shop. if you are gonna replace cap i would highly suggest replacing all 3 pieces.