Technical Topics specific to the Hatchback body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By -paul
#323948 Hey guys, my alarm on my car has eaten up two batteries now and I don't fancy the idea of continuously removing the terminals on my battery when I don't use it often. (Mainly track based car).

I was just wondering if there was a how-to guide and things you need to install a battery kill switch for our cars? I had a quick look through the 'How To' list but didn't see any.

Many thanks
By brandoff88
#323949 you could always buy a trickle charge battery tender, they make ones that wont overcharge and keep the battery fresh, i think they are like 100 bucks but well worth it if the car isnt driven much, but you would want the car in a shop or garage as weather and extension cords tend not to get along
By -paul
#323951 Haha yeah and that's the problem, unfortunately I don't have a garage :(. Plus installing a kill switch will be a lot cheaper.

Think I have it sussed now :)
By brandoff88
#323952 as is the case with most of us backyard gearheads lol, well glad you got it figured out, shouldnt be too bad. i know they make quick disconnect quits for your battery also, try googling those if you havent, should be prety cheap :thumb:
By brandoff88
#323958 yup thats exactly what i was talking about ^ thanks for postin that up i couldnt find any good examples...i fail when it comes to interweb searches
By nd1983
brandoff88 wrote:yup thats exactly what i was talking about ^ thanks for postin that up i couldnt find any good examples...i fail when it comes to interweb searches

i had a pic of the case so i just googled moroso and battery disconnect